When AT&T TV NOW was initially released under the Direct TV Now name in 2016, it was one of the best streaming services around. The service offered over 100 channels for just $35 per month.
Today, AT&T TV Now’s channel list is down to about 50 channels. Furthermore, the cost of those channels has nearly doubled to $65 per month. That’s almost a 400% increase in the price-per-channel to AT&T Now subscribers. While the price of live streaming services has increased recently, no streaming service has lost value like AT&T TV Now.
With Roku dropping support for AT&T Now in earlier this year, and rumors swirling that AT&T TV Now is shutting down, we thought it would be an excellent time to examine some alternatives.
Replacing AT&T TV Now
If you are a long time subscriber to AT&T TV Now you are likely looking for the following out live streaming service:
- A way to stream local broadcast channels
- live access to popular cable channels
- A way to watch regional sports
With that in mind, the services I recommend as suitable alternatives to AT&T Now are FuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, and YouTube TV. Let’s take a look at what each of these streaming services has over AT&T TV Now and what features may be missing.
Fubo TV is an excellent choice if you are looking to replace AT&T TV now. The service costs $54.99 per month after a 1-week free trial and offers the following:
- Over 100 channels in the Fubo TV base package
- you can watch live CBS, NBC, and Fox in most U.S. TV markets
- offers more regional sports networks than any other services
- includes a cloud DVR
See our review of FuboTV for more details.
- FuboTV doesn’t stream local ABC channels live.
- While FuboTV offers more channels than other options, it doesn’t provide Disney owned channels like ESPN.
- FuboTV doesn’t offer HBO, but you can subscribe to HBO directly through HBO NOW.
Hulu + Live TV
While Hulu TV offers fewer channels than FuboTV, it does a more than adequate job at replacing AT&T TV Now. Here are some of the highlights:
- live local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and more in most markets of the country
- Live access to popular channels found on cable, including HGTV, ESPN, Disney, A&E, Bravo, regional sports networks, and more
- 70+ channels in all
- 50 hours of cloud DVR storage.
- Very robust on-demand offerings including Hulu originals
A few channels are missing from Hulu’s lineup like Nickelodeon, MTV, and VH1, but Hulu offers more channels overall. HBO isn’t included but can be added for $14.99 through Hulu.
Another option for replacing AT&T TV Now, here are some strengths relative to AT&T TV Now:
- live local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, in most markets of the country
- 75+ channels in all
- many regional sports networks
- unlimited DVR storage
Check out our review of YouTube TV for more details
A few channels are missing from the YouTube TV lineup like Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1, and A&E. YouTube TV doesn’t offer HBO, but you can subscribe to HBO directly through HBO NOW.
If you want to examine some other alternatives to replace AT&T TV Now aside from what I’ve listed here, check out our channel comparison of live streaming services.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.
With over 60 live channels including HGTV, AMC, Paramount Channel and more for just $20 per month, Philo TV is one of the best TV provider deals you 'll find online. Try a Free Trial to Philo Now! No credit card required!
Disney+ is offering an amazing deal combining Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ for just $12.99 per month! For more on the new Disney streaming service, check out our ultimate guide to Disney+