Amazon stopped making its Fire TV box in 2018 in favor of the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. However, those looking for the memory and processor speed that comes with a streaming box, still opt for the Amazon Fire TV Cube.
- The fastest, most powerful Fire TV
- Acts as Alexa Device With the built-in speaker
- Supports 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, and HDR, HDR10+
It’s More Than a Streaming Device
In terms of streaming, the Amazon Fire TV Cube offers little additional functionality to the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K. Both support 4K video and HDR. Both also support Dolby Vision. You’ll see a bit better menu response and slightly quicker loads due to the more powerful processor and additional memory. However, from a streaming perspective, there isn’t much of a reason to purchase the Fire TV Cube over the Fire TV Stick 4K.
The Cube is also an Echo
The additional value you’ll see from the Fire TV Cube is its built-in speaker Alexa capabilities. The Fire TV Cube combines all the functions of an Amazon Echo with a Fire TV. The Cube’s built-in speaker allows you to use Alexa features without powering on your TV or entertainment center.
You can walk into the room and say “Alexa, turn on the TV,” and the TV comes on. Then, you can say “Alexa, play ‘This is Us'” and it will play your latest unwatched episode of the show. While the Fire TV voice remote will allow this, the Cube eliminates the need for a remote, even though it comes with one.
Additionally, if you are into the idea of a smart home, the Fire TV cube can act as the brain of your operation. There are too many to list here, but check out all the various smart devices you can control with your Fire TV Cube.
Ultimately, the device you use to watch TV can also be the device that adjusts your home heating, shows you your front door camera, displays your baby monitor, adjusts your lights, and a whole host of other features.
The Fire TV Cube includes the latest amazon fire TV remote It has power, volume, and mute buttons that let you control your TV, soundbar, and A/V receiver. It also includes a microphone button. Just press and ask Alexa to easily find, launch, and control content.
Quickly skip to your favorite scenes with standard navigation and playback controls. The 2 AAA batteries are included
Amazon Fire TV Cube Tech Specs
- Processor – Hexa-core (Quad-core at up to 2.2GHz + Dual-core at up to 1.9GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali G52-MP2 (3EE), 800MHz
- Storage -16 GB internal
- Memory – 2 GB
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) Supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi networks.
- Ethernet – Includes a 10/100 Ethernet Adapter, connects to Cube via USB
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth 5.0 + LE.
- Ports – HDMI, power, micro-USB, wired infrared support
- Audio Support – Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass-through up to 5.1.
- Video Format Support: Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HDR10+, HLG, H.265, H.264, VP9
- Audio Format Support: AAC-LC, AC3, eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, Dolby Atmos (EC3_JOC), Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
If you are only looking for a streaming device save some money with the Fire TV Stick. However, if you want to centralize your smart home with a quality streaming device, then the Amazon Fire TV Cube is an excellent choice.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.