This Saturday December 19th the No.1 Alabama Crimson Tide (10-0) will face the No. 11 Florida Gators (8-2) in the 2020 SEC Championship. Kickoff is at 8 pm from Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia, and the game will air on CBS.
How To Watch The SEC Championship Free
There are several ways to watch the SEC championship live and for free at 8 pm on Saturday if you don’t already have a way to watch CBS. In another article, I cover all the ways to watch CBS without cable, and we list all of the free options below.
Watch the Game Using a Free Trial
You can watch the Southeastern Conference Championship for free by taking advantage of a free trial to a streaming service that offers CBS in their lineup. I list all of your options below.
- CBS All Access streams CBS in 99% of the country and offers a 30-day free trial – See our review of CBS All Access for more info.
- Hulu Live TV streams CBS in nearly every TV market in the U.S. and offers a 30-day free trial– See our review of Hulu for more details.
- YouTube TV streams CBS in nearly every TV market in the U.S. and offers a 1-week free trial. Please read our review of YouTube TV for more details.
- FuboTV streams CBS in 95% of the U.S. and offers a 1-week free trial. We cover the service in detail in my fuboTV review.
- AT&T TV Now streams CBS in many parts of the country and offers a 1-week free trial. For more information, see our DIRECTV Stream Now review.
Stream The Game Free on Locast
Locast streams the local CBS networks live in over 42% of households in the United States, and it is 100% free. You can even watch Locast using a streaming device. Locast supports Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and Android TV.
Update: On September 1st, Locast lost a significant battle in court against the major broadcast networks. The Networks argued Locast "must secure the consent of the broadcasters to retransmit the broadcast signals." Locast defense claimed they qualified for a copyright-law exemption available to nonprofits. US District Court for the Southern District of New York found that Locast is not eligible for an exemption because it uses donations from viewers to fund its expansion into new TV markets. In response to the court loss, Locast said it was suspending its TV service on 9/2/2021.
Watch The Game Free With a TV Antenna
Another free option to watch your local CBS affiliate is by using a TV antenna. Nearly every television market broadcasts CBS over the air, so all you need is an antenna, and you are enjoying CBS free of charge. You can pick up an inexpensive antenna like the GE Ultra Edge for around $20. This antenna has a money-back guarantee, so it’s no risk if it’s unable to pick up your local CBS station. Check out our guide on how to choose the best TV antenna for more information.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.