The Opening Ceremonies for the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics are this Friday, February 4, 2022, but for figure skating fans, it starts even earlier. Team events begin as early as Thursday, February 3. This year it’s never been easier to watch every event at the Winter Olympics, so read on for how to watch all of the Olympic Figure Skating events and a schedule of when to watch.
Best Ways To Watch Olympic Figure Skating
The Easiest Way To Watch: Every event, medal ceremony, Olympic special, and more will stream live on the Premium tier NBC’s Peacock streaming service at a price of $4.99 per month. This includes prime-time coverage on NBC and USA Network. You can cancel anytime, so you aren’t required to keep the services once the Olympics ends on February 20. Read on for more details.
Watch Olympic Figure Skating For Free: If you don’t want to pay $4.99 for Peacock, you can catch just about every event and ceremony through NBC, USA Network, and the NBC Sports App. To access Olympic Figure Skating on the NBC Sports app, you need to use your credentials from a TV provider that carries NBC and USA. The streaming services below will work, and all offer 1-2 weeks of either a free trial or refund period.
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM – Has a 5-day free trial.
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial.
Stream Olympic Figure Skating on Peacock
Peacock will have every Figure Skating Event, Medal ceremony, and special available on its premium plan for $4.99 per month. There isn’t a commitment, so you can cancel at any time.
You can stream Peacock’s Olympic Figure Skating coverage on your TV or mobile device. The streaming service supports Roku, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple T.V. 4K and Apple T.V. HD, Xbox One S and Xbox One X, Playstation 4, Android devices, Android TV, Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in, Xfinity Flex 4K and Amazon Fire TV or Fire Sticks. Follow these steps to install Peacock on your device:
- Subscribe to a Peacock using this Link.
- “Search” your devices app store or channel store for “Peacock”
- Select the streaming service and press “OK.”, “Install” or “Download” depending on your device
- Peacock is now installed on your Roku. Open Peacock, and log in with the credentials you used to subscribe to the service. Search for “2022 Olympics” and watch.
If you need more information, see our review of Peacock for more details.
Other Ways To Stream Olympic Figure Skating
All the streaming services below provide access to NBC and USA. You can also use your account credentials from each service to unlock all the Winter Olympic content available on the NBC Sports App. Once you subscribe to one of the services below, see “Watching Figure Skating on The NBC Sports App” down for details on watching Olympic Figure Skating through the app.
fuboTV offers over 100 live channels, including NBC, USA, CNBC, and more. They offer a 1-week free trial, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. Your account credentials can be used to link your TV provider to the NBC Sports app. Between the app and the live TV channels, you can watch all Figure Skating events at the 2022 Winter Games. If you stay on after the trial, the cost is $69.99 per month. You can cancel at any time. Pay every three months, with no long-term contract. FuboTV will also stream events in 4K resolution in the following markets:
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- Boston, MA (Manchester, NH)
The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
DIRECTV STREAM offers over 65 channels, including NBC, USA, and more in their “Entertainment” plan for a price of $69.99 per month. In addition to the two channels airing Olympic Figure Skating, your DIRECTV STREAM account will unlock access to the NBC Sports App, providing you with access to every Figure Skating event not exclusive to NBC And USA.
DIRECTV’s stand-out feature allows you to stream the service on up to 20 devices simultaneously with just one account. The service supports Apple TV, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and most modern web browsers. DIRECTV STREAM lets you try their service with a 5-day free trial. (see our review of DIRECTV STREAM)
YouTube TV offers NBC and USA in their lineup. They provide three simultaneous streams and a personal cloud DVR. This comes with a price tag of $64.99 per month. YouTube TV supports Fire TV, Android, iOS (includes airplay to Apple TV), and Chromecasts/Chromecast-compatible TVs. YouTube TV offers a free trial with no long-term commitment. (see our review of YouTube TV)
Watching Figure Skating on The NBC Sports App
Except for a few events exclusively airing on NBC and USA, all other Figure Skating events air on the NBC Sports app. You can log into the NBC Sports App using your fuboTV, DIRECTV STREAM, or YouTube TV credentials and watch those events. The steps to watch Olympic Figure Skating on the NBC Sports App are below:
- Use a Free Trial to a Service that carries NBC and USA. Those are:
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial.
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.” But you can download the NBC Sports app on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more.
- Search for the NBC Sports app
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- You can link your TV Provider to unlock all Winter Olympic Content through the Settings menu or by attempting to watch any “locked” content. You will be provided with an alpha-numeric code.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, you go to https://www.nbcsports.com/activate and enter the code you received.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. If you subscribe to fuboTV, select “fuboTV,” then enter your login and password for fuboTV.
- Once you sign in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute or so. You should now have access to all Figure Skating events through the app. On the menu to the left of the screen, select “Beijing Olympics” and scroll down to the “Live” and “Replays” section depending on whether you want to watch live or past Figure Skating events.
2022 Winter Olympic Figure Skating Schedule
Olympic Figure Skating begins with the Team Event Day 1 on Thursday, February 3, which includes the men’s short program, rhythm dance, and pairs short program. Below you can find the full list of planned Olympic Figure Skating events. All events will stream live on Peacock. For the viewing schedule for NBC, USA, and the NBC Sports App see the NBC Olympics Figure Skating Schedule.
Olympic Figure Skating Schedule
- Feb 3
- 8:55 PM – 1:55 AM ET – Team Event Day 1
- Feb 5
- 8:30 PM – 11:40 PM ET – Team Event Day 2
- Feb 6
- 8:15 PM – 11:40 PM ET – Team Event Day 3
- Feb 7
- 8:15 PM – 12:30 AM ET – Men’s Short Program
- Feb 9
- 8:30 PM – 12:40 AM ET – Men’s Free Skate
- Feb 12
- 3:50 AM – 4:50 AM ET – Rythm Dance Warmups
- 6:00 AM – 3:40 AM ET – Rythm Dance
- Feb 13
- 8:15 PM – 11:50 PM ET – Free Dance
- Feb 15
- 5:00 AM – 9:25 AM ET – Women’s Short Program
- Feb 17
- 5:00 AM – 9:10 AM ET – Women’s Long Program
- Feb 18
- 5:30 AM – 8:45 AM ET – Pairs Short Program
- Feb 19
- 6:00 AM – 9:10 AM ET – Pairs Free Skate
- Feb 19
- 11:00 PM – 1:30 AM ET – Exhibition Gala
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.