Olympic Men’s Gymnastics begins Friday, July 23, 2021, with qualifiers at 9 pm ET. Olympic Women’s Gymnastics begins the following night on Saturday, July 24th, at 9 pm ET. This article will explain how to watch every Olympic Gymnastics event at the Tokyo Olympics, even if you don’t have cable. We also include a link to the full Olympic Gymnastics TV schedule so you know when and where to watch every event. For other Olympic events aside from Gymnastics, see our guide on how to watch the Olympics in 2021.
How To Watch Olympic Gymnastics: All Olympic Gymnastics events (both Men’s and Women’s Gymnastics) will stream live on the NBC Sports App. event coverage can be streamed live and watched on-demand with FuboTV (7-day free trial) or Hulu Live TV (7-day free trial). Using a free trial from each will allow you to watch every Olympic Gymnastics event for free! These services will also allow you to log into the NBC Sports apps to watch all Gymnastics events.
Watch Gymnastics on The NBC Sports App
All Gymnastics events air on the NBC Sports app. Thankfully you can log into the NBC Sports App using your fuboTV or Hulu Live TV credentials and watch those events. NBC Sports app will also air replays of past events and even carry events scheduled to air on NBC. The steps to use the NBC Sports App are below:
- Use a Free Trial to a Service that carries NBC Sports. Those are:
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.” But you can download the NBC Sports app on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more.
- Search for the NBC Sports app
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- Go to “Browse” on the menu to the left of the screen. Under “All Networks,” navigate to the “NBC Sports App” and press the OK button on your remote.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, you go to https://www.nbcsports.com/activate.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. If you subscribe to fuboTV, select “fuboTV,” then enter your login and password for Hulu.
- Once you sign in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute or so. You should now have access to all Gymnastics events through the app. Just got to “Browse”, then “Gymnastics,” and scroll down to the “Live” and “Replays” section depending on whether you want to watch live or past events.
Olympic Gymnastics TV Schedule
Olympic Men’s and Women’s Gymnastics will have multiple events daily. All events are available to watch in the NBC Sports App. Your account credentials from these services will also allow you to log into the App to watch all Olympic Gymnastics events, even events not carried on a TV network:
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial.
- Hulu Live TV – Offers a 1-week free trial.
- DIRECTV STREAM – Has a 5-Day free trial.
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial.
The schedules below show the U.S. Eastern times for the live event. You can use the free-trials above to unlock the NBC Sports app and watch the events live. However, if the events are to early for you to watch live, they will also be available on-demand through the NBC Sports app.
Women’s Gymnastics Schedule
Women’s Gymnastic Qualifiers begin on Saturday, July 24th at 9 pm Eastern time and continue into Sunday. Team USA is in Subdivision 3, with the US Women beginning at 2:10 a.m. ET on July 25. Team USA Women’s qualifiers will occur at the following times:
- Floor Exercise – July 25 at 2:10 a.m. ET
- Vault – July 25 at 2:35 a.m. ET
- Uneven Bars – July 25 at 3 a.m. ET
- Balance Beam – July 25 at 3:25 a.m. ET
Women’s Finals Events:
- July 27, 6:45 a.m. ET – Women’s Team Final
- July 29, 6:50 a.m. ET – Women’s All-Around Final
- August 1, 4:55 a.m. ET – Women’s Vault Final
- August 1, 6:27 a.m. ET – Women’s Uneven Bars Final
- August 2, 5:00 a.m. ET – Women’s Floor Exercise Final
- August 3, 4:53 a.m. ET – Women’s Balance Beam Final
See Full Schedule: Olympic Gymnastics Schedule.
Men’s Gymnastics Schedule
Men’s Gymnastic Qualifiers will take place on Friday, July 23 beginning at 9 pm Eastern time and continue into the next day. Team USA is in Subdivision 3 with the US Men beginning at 6:30 a.m. ET on July 24. Team USA Men’s qualifiers will occur at the following times:
- Parallel Bars – July 24 at 6:30 a.m. ET
- High Bar – July 24 at 6:55 a.m. ET
- Floor Exercise – July 24 at 7:20 a.m. ET
- Pommel Horse – July 24 at 7:45 a.m. ET
- Rings – July 24 at 8:10 a.m. ET
- Vault – July 24 at 8:35 a.m. ET
Men’s Finals Events:
- July 26, 6:00 a.m. ET – Men’s Team Final
- July 28, 6:15 a.m. ET– Men’s All-Around Final
- August 1, 4:00 a.m. ET – Men’s Floor Exercise Final
- August 1, 4:00 a.m. ET – Men’s Pommel Horse Final
- August 2, 4:00 a.m. ET – Men’s Rings Final
- August 2, 5:54 a.m. ET – Men’s Vault Final
- August 3, 4:00 a.m. ET – Men’s Parallel Bars Final
- August 3, 5:42 a.m. ET – Men’s High Bar Final
See Full Schedule: Olympic Gymnastics Schedule.
Best Streaming Services for Olympic Gymnastics
In order to watch every Olympic Gymnastics event, you can use any live streaming service below as they have all channels that will air the Olympics and will allow you to log into the NBC Sports App to watch every Gymnastics event. We’ve summarized those services below, or you can check any of the following guides for information on watching a specific channel without cable.
Below is a summary of each live TV streaming service offering all three of those channels.
FuboTV is an excellent service to watch Olympic Gymnastics as it carries NBCSN, USA Network, and CNBC in its Pro Plan along with over 80 other channels for $69.99 (after a 7-day free trial). The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV. FuboTV’s standard plan includes the following:
- over 100 live channels found on cable including NBCSN, CNBC, and USA
- live local NBC, FOX, and CBS in many markets
- a cloud DVR with 30 hours of storage
- watch on two screens at the same time
You can watch every Olympic Gymnastics event on Hulu Live TV. The service carries NBCSN, CNBC, and USA along with many other channels. Hulu is most known for its vast on-demand streaming library. However, you can also subscribe to Hulu’s Live TV service for $69.99 a month. That price includes Hulu on-demand, making it one of the best live TV streaming services available. The service includes the following features:
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Recordings save for 9 months)
- Watch on two screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with six customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
Hulu supports Roku, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android and more. Check out our full review of Hulu Live TV for more details.
You can watch every Olympic Gymnastics event on DIRECTV STREAM. The service provides NBCSN, CNBC, and USA Network in its “Entertainment” channel plan for $69.99 per month. The service provides a 5-day free trial when signing up. AT&T provides the following features in all it’s channel plans:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like NBCSN, CNBC, USA, and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
YouTube TV also offers NBCSN, CNBC, USA, and more with limitless storage space for recording your shows. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere. The base package costs $64.99 a month.
A subscription to YouTube TV provides:
- access to NBCSN, CNBC, USA, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes YouTube TV on-demand
Peacock will carry select Gymnastics on their free tier. Through Peacock, you can stream Men and Women’s Gymnastic qualifiers for subdivision 3 (Including Team USA) and all the finals.
You can stream Peacock’s Olympic coverage on your TV or mobile device. The streaming service supports Roku, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple T.V. 4K and Apple T.V. HD, Xbox One S and Xbox One X, Playstation 4, Android devices, Android TV, Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in, Xfinity Flex 4K and Amazon Fire TV or Fire Sticks. Follow these steps to install Peacock on your device:
- Subscribe to a Peacock using this Link.
- “Search” your devices app store or channel store for “Peacock”
- Select the streaming service and press “OK.”, “Install” or “Download” depending on your device
- Peacock is now installed on your Roku. Open Peacock, and log in with the credentials you used to subscribe to the service. Search for “2020 Olympics” and watch.
If you need more information see our review of Peacock for more details.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.