Round 1 of The 2021 Honda Classic starts Thursday, March 18, and continues through Sunday, March 21. Coverage of The Honda Classic will be on Golf Channel and NBC. PGA Tour Live will also be streaming live coverage with its Featured Groups coverage on Thursday and Friday with Featured Groups and Featured Holes’ coverage on Saturday and Sunday. This article will explain everything you need to know about watching The Honda Classic without a cable TV subscription.
The Honda Classic TV Schedule
The schedule for The Honda Classic is as follows:
(All Times Eastern)
- Thursday, March 18
- 10 am – 6 pm: Round 1 on Golf Channel
- Friday, March 19
- 10 am – 6 pm: Round 2 on Golf Channel
- Saturday, March 20
- 1 pm – 3 pm: Round 3 on Golf Channel
- 3 pm – 6 pm: Round 3 on NBC
- Sunday, March 21
- 1 pm – 3 pm: Round 3 on Golf Channel
- 3 pm – 6 pm: Final Round on NBC
Watching The Honda Classic Without Cable
This year’s Honda Classic will have Golf Channel covering all of rounds 1 and 2 on Thursday and Friday and early coverage of the final rounds on Saturday and Sunday. Rounds 3 and 4 of The Honda Classic will switch over to NBC at 3 pm on Saturday and Sunday. The options below will give you the best options to watch The Honda Classic without a cable TV provider.
We cover your viewing options in more detail later in the article, but here is a quick look at your best options for watching The Honda Classic
Hulu Live TV– Provides Golf Channel and NBC with a 1-week free trial.
YouTube TV – Provides Golf Channel and NBC with a 1-week trial.
FuboTV – Provides Golf Channel and NBC. They offer a 1-week free trial.
DIRECTV Stream – Offers both networks, you can sign up online.
Best Way To Watch The Honda Classic
Hulu Live TV provides NBC and Golf Channel in their channel lineup. Golf Channel is available nationwide, and NBC is available in nearly every TV market. You can check here to see the Hulu Live TV channel lineup in your area.
Hulu Live TV offers a 7-day free trial, so you can sign up for the trial, watch The Honda Classic, and cancel your subscription before it’s over, and not be charged. This essentially allows you to watch all of The Honda Classic coverage free on both networks. If you decide to keep Hulu Live TV, you will be charged $64.99 per month after the trial. There is no contract so you can cancel at any time.
Hulu Live TV is supported on Roku, Fire TV Devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, iOS, Android, and more. You’ll find more information on Hulu’s supported devices and everything else you would need to know in our full review of Hulu Live TV.
PGA Tour Live
As golf fans know, the televised PGA Tour coverage on NBC and Golf channel start later in the day than the first tee time. If you subscribe to the PGA Tour live on the NBC Sports Gold subscription service, you can watch their featured groups’ coverage starting at the first tee time through the NBC Sports App. Once you subscribe, NBC Sports Gold will appear as a channel within the NBC Sports App, which is available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, AndroidTV, Amazon Fire TV, Contour, Contour Stream Player, Roku, and Chromecast.
PGA Tour Live Schedule
- Thursday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Featured Groups),
- Saturday, 7:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Featured Groups), 3 pm to 6 p.m (Featured Holes)
- Sunday, 7:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Featured Groups), 3 pm to 6 p.m (Featured Holes)
You can sign up for PGA Tour for $9.99 per month or $64.99 for the year.
Featured Holes on ESPN+
Subscribers to ESPN+ can watch Featured Holes coverage of the 3rd and finals rounds. You can subscribe to ESPN+ for just $5.99 per month. The coverage schedule is as follows:
- Saturday: 3:00PM-6:00PM ET
- Sunday: 3:00PM-6:00PM ET
For more information on this ESPN premium streaming service, check out our full explainer on ESPN Plus.
Other Options to Watch The Honda Classic
Hulu Live TV is your best bet because it offers both networks and has a free trial letting you watch The Honda Classic for free. Other options are either more expensive or require getting 2 services. In order to see which other options are available let’s cover the services that carry one or all of NBC and Golf Channel
Sling TV carries The Golf channel. The Golf Channel is available through the Sports Add-On package for Sling TV Blue customers. This means you would need to subscribe to Sling TV Blue for $35 per month and then get the sports extra pack for an additional $11 per month to access The Golf Channel. Sling TV does carry NBC, but only in the following markets:
- New York – WNBC
- Philadelphia – WCAU
- Chicago – WMAQ
- Boston – WBTS
- Washington, DC – WRC-TV
- Miami/Ft. Lauderdale – WTVJ
- Hartford/New Haven – WVIT
- Dallas/Ft. Worth – KXAS
- Los Angeles – KNBC
- San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose – KNTV
- San Diego – KNSD
If all this sounds overly complicated, you can see our review of Sling TV to try and make sense of it all.
YouTube TV is similar to Hulu Live TV in that you can get access to Golf Channel and NBC with a 7-day free trial. However, if you forget to cancel, YouTube TV will cost you $64.99 per month. Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app isn’t available on Roku. However, users can use YouTube TV through the YouTube app on Roku devices. You can read our review of YouTube TV for more details.
FuboTV carries Golf Channel. NBC is also carried in many parts of the country, but not as many as Hulu Live TV or Youtube TV. You can see if NBC is available using this link. FuboTV offers a 7-day free trial, so you can watch The Honda Classic for free. After the trial, The “Family Plan” costs $64.99 per month. Fubo TV is available on most major platforms, including AppleTV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV. You can sign up for a 1-week free trial or check out our review of FuboTV for more details.
DIRECTV Stream offers NBC in its “Entertainment” Package for $69.99 per month. However, Golf Channel is offered as part of their upgraded “Ultimate Package” package priced at $94.99 per month. To learn more about DIRECTV Stream, check out their promo page or read more in our DIRECTV Stream review.
Set Up NBC Sports App for Honda Classic
You can also watch The Honda Classic through the NBC Sports App if you have a TV provider with NBC and The Golf Channel. We can then use your account for that service to watch the rest of the Tournament through the NBC Sports app. Here are the steps to set up NBC and Golf Channel on the NBC Sports App:
- Sign up for a free trial to Hulu Live TV, have NBC and Golf Channel*
- After signing up, go to the channel store or app store on your device
- Search for the NBC Sports app (It’s supported on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and more)
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- Navigate to the Settings “Gear Icon” on the left of the screen and select “NBC Sports Sign in.”
- Your device will show you an activation code and the URL to Activate the NBC Sports app.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, navigate to the URL in step 6. On that page, select your device and enter the code. Select “Continue”
- On the next page, select “Hulu” from the “TV Provider” drop-down and select continue.
- On this page, Enter your username and password for Hulu and select “Login.”
- Once you sign-in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute or so. You should now have access to all the live, and on-demand content NBC and Golf Channel provides through the NBC Sports App.
- Hulu Live TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.