All 32 NHL teams are eager to stock up on new talent in this year’s 2022 NHL Draft. Read on to learn how you can watch both days of this year’s NHL Draft, even if you don’t have cable.
- When Is The NHL Draft: The first round is Thursday, July 7th at 7 p.m. ET. Rounds 2 – 7 will start Friday, July 8th at 11 a.m. ET
- Network: ESPN will air round 1. Rounds 2 through 7 will air on NHL Network.
- How To Watch The NHL Draft Free: You can watch the entire NHL Draft live using a 1-week free trial to fuboTV’s Elite package. The streaming service’s Elite plan carries both ESPN and NHL Network in their channel lineup so you can watch live. FuboTV supports all major streaming platforms like Roku, FireTV, Apple TV, Android, iOS, and more.
- How To Stream The NHL Draft: Both days of the NHL draft will live stream on ESPN+.
Watch the NHL Draft Free on FuboTV
FuboTV is an excellent place to watch the NHL Draft. The streaming service carries NHL Network and ESPN, and over 90 channels are offered in its elite package for $79.99/month. However, there is a 7-day free trial so you can watch both days of the draft and if you cancel before the trial ends, you won’t be charged.
Below are features included with the FuboTV “Starter” package:
- ESPN, NHL Network and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on ten screens at the same time
- 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV.
Stream The NHL Draft on ESPN+
You can watch both days of the NHL Draft with a subscription to ESPN+ and watch through the ESPN app. The ESPN App supports Roku Players and TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, Samsung TVs, Xbox One, and PS4.
To add ESPN+ to your ESPN app, follow these instructions:
- Subscribe to ESPN+
- Download and Open the ESPN app on your mobile or TV device
- Click the Settings Gear in the upper right corner
- Select “Account Information” then “Log Into ESPN Account.” You should receive an activation code.
- Visit https://espn.com/activate on your phone or laptop and type in the code.
- Log in with your ESPN+ credentials.
- You should then get confirmation that your ESPN+ account is linked and see the “ESPN+” tab in the ESPN app.
An ESPN+ subscription costs only $9.99 per month. There is no contract, so you can cancel any time you like. However, you can select a yearly subscription for a discounted rate of $69.99 annually. For more information on ESPN+, see our ESPN+ review.
Other Options to Watch the NHL Draft
Sling TV provides ESPN and NHL Network so you can watch the NHL Draft without a cable TV subscription. ESPN is only available through Sling TV Orange for $40 per month or by getting both Sling TV Blue and Orange for $55 per month. (not available if you only subscribe to the Blue package). Then add the Sports Extra package for another $11 per month to get NHL Network. Unfortunately, there isn’t a free trial to Sling TV.
Sling also offers on-demand, a cloud DVR, and more. The service is supported on all major streaming devices. Read our Sling TV Review for more information. It includes information about what’s available on all the Sling TV Channels.
You can watch the NHL Draft on ESPN with their “Entertainment” package for $69.99 per month. To watch day 2 of the NHL Draft you will need to upgrade the “Ultimate” package for $104.99 per month to get NHL Network. Check out our review of DIRECTV STREAM for information on all the channels available through the service.
DIRECTV STREAM Features
All DIRECTV STREAM plans include:
- the ability to watch on 20 devices at the same time
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like ESPN, AMC, HGTV, Discovery, and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
You can try DIRECTV STREAM by signing up for online offer.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.