This Saturday, January 22th, the San Francisco 49ers will take on the Green Bay Packers in an NFC Divisional Matchup. Read on to learn how to watch the Packers vs. 49ers for free, even if you don’t have cable.
How To Watch The Packers vs. 49ers
- When: Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 8:15 pm ET
- Matchup: Packers vs. 49ers
- Network: Fox
- How To Watch: Watch the Packers vs. 49ers NFC Divisional game live on Fox for free using the free trial from any of the following streaming services:
- YouTube TV (Free Trial)
For details on watching every game this postseason, see our guide to watching the 2022 NFL playoffs.
Watch Packers vs. 49ers For Free
You can watch the Packers vs. 49ers on Fox for free using a TV Antenna. Generally, if you live in a city or the suburbs, you can watch Fox over the air using something as simple as this $25 Flat TV antenna. This antenna offers a free return policy, so it’s no risk to test it out. If it doesn’t get the channels you want, you can return them for your money back.
You can see if Fox is available over the air using this FCC page. If the flat antenna doesn’t perform to your expectations, then check out the following instructional guides for more details on over-the-air TV.
- Learn How to Choose a TV Antenna
- Learn How to Use One Antenna for Multiple TVs
- Learn How to Ground a TV Antenna
- Learn how to Improve Antenna TV Reception
- Record from your Antenna with an Over the Air DVR
How to Stream the Packers vs. 49ers Free
You can use a free trial to any live TV streaming services that carry Fox and watch the Packers vs. 49ers for free that week. Just be sure to cancel before the trial period expires if you don’t want to be charged. Let’s look at the free trials available.
- fuboTV – Offers a 1-week free trial
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- DIRECTV STREAM – They provide a 5-Day free trial when signing up.
I go into more details about these services in the next section
Streaming Services With the Packers vs. 49ers
You can watch the Packers vs. 49ers using the streaming services in this section. Download the services streaming app to a streaming device like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, etc., and watch the Packers vs. 49ers through that services app.
DIRECTV STREAM offers live Fox, so you can watch the Packers vs. 49ers as it airs. Fox is available through all DIRECTV STREAM plans. The most affordable is the “Entertainment” package for $69.99 a month, along with a ton of cable TV and other broadcast networks. Fox offers Fox in over half the markets in the US. You can check DIRECTV STREAM’s Website to allow you to make sure Fox is offered in your area. You can also see our review of DIRECTV STREAM. Watch with this 5-day free trial.
How Much: $69.99 per month through its “Entertainment” package.
Hulu Live TV
You can watch the Packers vs. 49ers with Hulu Live TV. The service carries live Fox along with other local networks and other channels found on cable TV. According to the data we have, live Fox is available everywhere in the US. However, be sure to check Hulu’s Website for the latest channels in your area on this page: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zipcode.
A Subscription to Hulu + Live TV includes:
- Price includes subscriptions to ESPN+ and Disney+
- The basic package comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. (Upgrades available)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- It comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
Hulu + Live TV is supported on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, and more. You can read more about Hulu in our review of Hulu. There isn’t a month-to-month contract, so you can sign up to test the service without fear of a long-term commitment. You can sign up for Hulu Live TV using this link: Sign up for Hulu + Live TV.
How Much: The base package starts at $69.99 per month.
You can watch the Packers vs. 49ers through FuboTV. The service has rapidly increased the number of locations where they stream the live local Fox network. Currently, FuboTV carries Fox in all major TV markets in the US.
You can check out a free trial to FuboTV here. Here are some of fuboTV’s features:
- Over 100 channels are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Apple TV, and more.
For more information on FuboTV features, please see our Fubo TV review.
How Much: FuboTV costs $69.99 per month.
YouTube TV is another excellent option to watch the Packers vs. 49ers live. YouTubeTV offers live Fox with its streaming service in all markets in the US. Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
YouTube TV provides:
- Fox and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes Youtube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
Check our review of YouTube TV for more details.
How Much: $64.99 per month.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.