The PGA Tour continues from East Lake Golf Course in Atlanta Georgia for this week’s PGA Tour Championship. The event starts Thursday, September 2, and continues through Sunday, September 5. Coverage of The Tour Championship will be on Golf Channel and NBC. PGA Tour Live will also be streaming its Featured Groups coverage on Thursday and Friday with Featured Groups and Featured Holes’ coverage on Saturday and Sunday. This article will explain everything you need to know about watching the Tour Championship without a cable TV subscription.
Watch The Tour Championship for Free: Pick up a 7-day free trial to Hulu Live TV. They carry both NBC and Golf Channel, so you can watch for free!
The PGA Tour Championship TV Schedule
Golf Channel covers the first and second rounds on Thursday and Friday. The third and final round will see early afternoon coverage on Golf Channel on Saturday and Sunday, with later coverage switching over to NBC. The TV schedule for the Tour Championship is as follows:
(All Times Eastern)
- Thursday, September 2: 1 p.m.- 6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel)
- Friday, September 3: 1 p.m.- 6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel)
- Saturday, September 4: 1 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. ET (Golf Channel); 2:30 p.m.-7 p.m. ET (NBC)
- Sunday, September 5: 11 p.m.-1:30 p.m.ET (Golf Channel); 1:30 p.m.-6 p.m. ET (NBC)
Watching The PGA Tour Championship Without Cable
Golf Channel covers rounds 1 and 2 of this year’s Tour Championship with NBC and Golf Channel covering rounds 3 and 4. The options below will give you the best options to watch The Tour Championship without a cable TV provider.
Set Up NBC Sports App for Tour Championship
If you grab a trial offer for a streaming service that carries NBC and The Golf Channel, you can then use your account for that service to watch the Tour Championship through the NBC Sports app. Here are the steps to set up NBC and Golf Channel on the NBC Sports App:
- Sign up for a free trial to Hulu Live TV, have NBC and Golf Channel*
- After signing up, go to the channel store or app store on your device
- Search for the NBC Sports app (It’s supported on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and more)
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- Navigate to the Settings “Gear Icon” on the left of the screen and select “NBC Sports Sign in.”
- Your device will show you an activation code and the URL to Activate the NBC Sports app.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, navigate to the URL in step 6. On that page, select your device and enter the code. Select “Continue”
- On the next page, select “Hulu” from the “TV Provider” drop-down and select continue.
- On this page, Enter your username and password for Hulu and select “Login.”
- Once you sign-in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute or so. You should now have access to all the live, and on-demand content NBC and Golf Channel provides through the NBC Sports App.
- Hulu Live TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
We cover your viewing options in more detail later in the article, but here is a quick look at your best options for watching The Tour Championship
Best Way To Watch The Tour Championship
Hulu Live TV provides NBC and Golf Channel in their channel lineup. Golf Channel is available nationwide, and NBC is available in nearly every TV market. You can check your zip code on the following page to verify the channels you will receive Hulu Live TV Channels by Zipcode.
Hulu Live TV offers a 7-day free trial, so you can sign up for the trial, watch The Tour Championship, and cancel your subscription before it’s over, and not be charged. This essentially allows you to watch all of The Tour Championship coverage free on both networks. If you decide to keep Hulu Live TV, you will be charged $64.99 per month after the trial. There is no contract, so you can cancel at any time.
Hulu Live TV is supported on Roku, Fire TV Devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, iOS, Android, and more. You’ll find more information on Hulu’s supported devices and everything else you would need to know in our full review of Hulu Live TV.
PGA Tour Live
As golf fans know, the televised PGA Tour coverage on NBC and Golf channel start later in the day than the first tee time. If you subscribe to the PGA Tour live on the NBC Sports Gold subscription service, you can watch their featured groups’ coverage starting at the first tee time through the NBC Sports App. Once you subscribe, NBC Sports Gold will appear as a channel within the NBC Sports App, which is available on Apple iOS & tvOS, Android, AndroidTV, Amazon Fire TV, Contour, Contour Stream Player, Roku, and Chromecast.
PGA Tour Live Schedule
(All Times Eastern)
- Thursday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (Featured Groups)
- Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. (Featured Groups)
- Saturday, 12 p.m.-2:30 p.m (Featured Groups), 2:30 p.m.-6 p.m. (Featured Holes)
- Sunday, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.(Featured Groups), 1:30 p.m.-6 p.m. (Featured Holes)
Featured Groups will consist of the following:
- Scottie Scheffler, Daniel Berger
- Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy
You can sign up for PGA Tour for $9.99 per month or $64.99 for the year.
Other Options to Watch The Tour Championship
Other options are below. However, some require getting 2 services to watch. In order to see which other options are available let’s cover the services that carry one or all of NBC and Golf Channel.
YouTube TV is similar to Hulu Live TV in that you can get access to Golf Channel and NBC with a 7-day free trial. However, if you forget to cancel, YouTube TV will cost you $64.99 per month. Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app isn’t available on Roku. However, users can use YouTube TV through the YouTube app on Roku devices. You can read our review of YouTube TV for more details.
FuboTV carries Golf Channel. NBC is also carried in many parts of the country, but not as many as Hulu Live TV or Youtube TV. You can see if NBC is available using this link. FuboTV offers a 7-day free trial, allowing you to watch The Tour Championship for free. After the trial, The “Starter Plan” costs $64.99 per month. There is no long-term contract, and you can cancel at any time. Fubo TV is available on most major platforms, including AppleTV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV. You can sign up for a 1-week free trial or check out our review of FuboTV for more details.
DIRECTV Stream offers NBC in its “Entertainment” Package for $69.99 per month. However, Golf Channel is offered as part of their upgraded “Ultimate Package” package priced at $94.99 per month. To learn more about DIRECTV Stream, check out their promo page or read more in our DIRECTV Stream review.
The Tour Championship on Peacock
The parts of the Tour Championship airing on NBC will also stream on the Premium tier of the NBC Streaming service Peacock. (2:30–7 pm p.m. ET on Saturday, and 1:30-6 p.m. ET on Sunday). To watch the entire tournament, you will still need a service that provides The Golf Channel.
- Sign up for a subsciption to Peacock Premium
- Download the Peacock app to your streaming device. Peacock supports Roku, Fire TV, and most streaming platform. See our review of Peacock for full details.
- Open the Peacock app and sign in with your Peacock account credentials.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.