Tomorrow (Saturday, August 15) Stipe Miocic will take on Daniel “DC” Cormier for the UFC Heavyweight Championship in their third meeting at UFC 252. This fight will be riveting. Each fighter finished the other in their previous two meetings, and neither has fought since their last meeting in UFC 241.
This saga goes back to UFC 226 when Cormier finished then-champion Miocic for the heavyweight belt. Miocic then won the belt back from Cormier at UFC 241, dealing Cormier his first and only loss as a heavyweight. Regardless of the bout’s outcome, this fight is scheduled to be Cormier’s last fight before officially retiring.
The Main Event is Exclusively on ESPN+
UFC 252 is Saturday, August 15th, 2020, eastern time. The TV schedule is as follows:
How To Watch UFC 252
A subscription to ESPN+ costs $5.99 per month and provides a ton of extra and exclusive content from nearly every professional sport. The membership also gives you the option to purchase UFC Pay Per Views for $64.99 each. You have three options for subscribing to ESPN+ and watching the fight. They are:
- Subscribe to ESPN+ for $5.99 a month. Once signed up, you can purchase the fight for $64.99 from within the app (I’ll explain how in a second).
- You also have the option of bundling ESPN+ with Hulu and Disney+. The total price for all three is $12.99 per month. Then you can purchase the fight for $64.99 from within the app.
- You can get a one-year subscription to ESPN+ and purchase the UFC Pay Per View for $84.98. Considering a year of ESPN+ would cost $59.88, and the PPV is $64.99, you’re saving around 25% purchasing the fight bundle.
Watching UFC 252 on your TV
For those new to streaming, there are several ways to watch the fight on your TV. Once you subscribe to ESPN+, you can watch it through the ESPN app.
The ESPN App supports Roku Players and TVs, Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, Samsung TVs, Xbox One, and PS4. We put together an article that explains how this is done here: How to Watch ESPN+ on Your TV.
UFC 252 Key Fights
- “Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel “DC” Cormier 3
- Cleveland firefighter, Stipe Miocic is a two-time UFC heavyweight champion. He the #3 ranked best fighter pound for pound, and a former Golden Gloves boxing champion.
- Cormier is a former UFC heavyweight and light heavyweight champion. He is the 2nd double champion in UFC history. Formerly he was a Division I wrestling All-American and Freestyle Wrestling Olympian.
- Sean O’Malley vs. Marlon Vera
- Fan Favorite and possible phenom O’Malley is a fast and powerful striker who is currently undefeated with a 12 fight win streak.
- While Vera goes into this Bantamweight with a 15-6-1record, he has turned himself into an extremely tough fighter that could prove difficult for O’Malley if he can get in close.
- Junior “Cigano” Dos Santos vs. Jarzinho Rozenstruik
- Former UFC heavyweight champion, Dos Santos holds the longest win streak in UFC heavyweight history (9). 15 of his 21 wins are by knockout.
- Rozenstruik is the #6 ranked heavyweight with 9 of his 10 wins coming by knockout.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.
Disney+ is offering an amazing deal combining Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ for just $12.99 per month! For more on the new Disney streaming service, check out our ultimate guide to Disney+
With over 60 live channels including HGTV, AMC, Paramount Channel and more for just $20 per month, Philo TV is one of the best TV provider deals you 'll find online. Try a Free Trial to Philo Now! No credit card required!