Today Roku announced an updated Roku Ultra for 2020. Let’s look at the improvements made in the new Roku Ultra and what features to expect from Roku’s most powerful streaming device. For information on how Roku works and a comparison of all their device models, please see our article: What is Roku? How does Roku Work?
The New Roku Ultra (2020)
The features included in the Roku ultra are:
- 802.11ac MIMO dual-band wireless
- 10/100 Base-T Ethernet
- Works with Alexa and Google voice assistant
- 720p, 1080p, and 4K UHD with HDR and Dolby Vision video, and HLG at 60 frames per second
- Night listening mode
- Advanced point-anywhere remote with voice search, headphone jack, and gaming buttons. It also has customizable launch buttons for launching services like Philo, Hulu, ESPN+, Sling, and more.
- IR receiver for universal remotes
- Dolby Audio pass-through via HDMI
- HDMI cable isn’t included
- Includes Premium JBL headphones for private listening
- Remote Finder – Press the button on top of the Roku Ultra, and your remote will begin beeping, alerting you to its location.
Improvements Over Previous Roku Ultra
The most noticeable improvement Roku Ultra boasts over its predecessor is support for Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos sound. The new ultra also boasts better wireless, a faster processor, and Bluetooth support. Here are some details on these new features.
Audio – The new Roku Ultra added Dolby Atmos support and now supports the following audio:
- Digital stereo over HDMI®
- DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI
- Dolby Atmos® decode via HDMI. (Requires Dolby Atmos compatible speakers.)
Bluetooth Connectivity – You can connect your phone or tablet with Bluetooth® to play your favorite music, podcasts, and more through your TV speakers
What’s Included In The Box
The New Roku Ultra includes the following:
- Roku Ultra streaming player
- Voice remote with personal shortcuts, TV power, volume, and mute buttons, and private listening
- Two AA batteries
- Premium High-Speed HDMI® Cable
- Power adaptor
How To Get The Roku Ultra
You can pre-order the device now from Roku. Roku is expected to ship orders on October 18th.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.