Latest posts by Dennis Restauro (see all)
- Cord Cutting Vs Cable Statistics - 2019-07-22
- Get High-Speed Internet and a Free Month of Live TV - 2019-07-18
- FuboTV Review: Live TV Channel Packages, and Features - 2019-07-15
Contrary to media spin, it’s getting easier to watch sports without cable. All of the 2016 NFL playoff games are available for free using a TV antenna. However, with a blizzard currently pounding the East Coast, there may be many left with little or no TV reception.
This would have been a problem in previous years, but not any more. Those that want to watch Brady and the Patriots takes on Manning and the Broncos will have several options to stream the game online. You can even watch it on your television using a .streaming device or smart TV.
This is all thanks to CBS and their push to make more content available online without requiring a subscription to cable TV or having a satellite provider. Furthermore, you don’t even have to subscribe to CBS All-Access. CBS is making the game available online for free!
Below are all the different viewing options and details about the game:
What: The No. 2 seed Patriots (12-4 regular season, 1-0 playoffs) will play the No. 1 seed Broncos (12-4) in Denver. This game has a great narrative as we will have arguably the best 2 quarterbacks facing off in an attempt at getting their team to the Super Bowl.
Manning is struggling and likely at the end of his career. So not only is this a compelling Brady vs. Manning game, but could possibly be Manning’s last game. Any way it shakes out, this will be one of the most historic football games in NFL history.
Where: Mile-High Stadium, Denver
When: Sunday, Jan. 24, 3:05 p.m. ET
Watch AFC Championship Without Cable
As mentioned, it’s of course available on CBS with a TV antenna. However, there are other streaming options below:
- Use the CBS Sports Channel App. It’s available on Roku, AppleTV, XBOX One, Windows 10, and Chromecast. This will let you watch on your big screen TV just as if you had a cable TV subscription. For general information on using a streaming device, check out my Roku guide explaining how a TV streaming device works.
- Watch online at cbssports.com. Just use this link at game time and you can watch using your web browser on your PC or Laptop.
- Verizon Wireless customers can use the NFL mobile app. Details on how are in my article on How to Watch the NFL without Cable.
According to CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are calling the game. Tracy Wolfson and Evan Washburn will be reporting from the field, with Mike Carey available as well for any officiating needs.
Coverage of the game starts at 2 p.m. ET with James Brown, Boomer Esiason, Bill Cowher, Tony Gonzalez, Bart Scott and Jason La Canfora.
Looking for fast Internet and a way to stream live TV online? Right now, new Fios customers can get blazing fast internet and 1 month of Free YouTube TV!.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It's designed as a guide to our most important articles to help you ditch pay TV.
Disclosure: Grounded Reason is supported by a small commission for purchases made through some product links on this website. We do not accept compensation from companies attempting to sway our review of products.