There’s no doubt that sports are a massive multi-billion dollar industry around the world. It is a hot commodity in the broadcast market as different networks and streaming services compete for the biggest names and hottest tickets. Entertainment giants like HBO and Showtime are not just for prestige television but often offer exclusive access to big boxing matches or mix martial arts competitions through pay-per-view or premium packages. Enter DAZN, a relatively new over the top streaming service specifically dedicated to sports and to bringing them to the fans.
DAZN, which launched in the U.S. in 2018, hopes to be in direct competition with big-name sports networks like ESPN and make premium sports more affordable to everyone through a flat monthly or annual rate. Internationally based, the service offers dozens of sports for live broadcast and on-demand streaming. However, individual availability varies by country, with the U.S. market currently mostly centered on combat sports like boxing and mixed martial arts. Yet, it has some baseball coverage, and games like darts, chess, and cue sports. Internationally, DAZN offers a broader range, including soccer (association football), cricket, rugby, motorsports, and field hockey.
How to Sign Up for DAZN
DAZN can be subscribed to for a monthly rate of $19.99, or a discounted annual price of $99.99, making it only $8.33 a month for one year. With the flexible monthly rate, subscribers get full access to all standard live and on-demand content DAZN streams and premium fights for the first 30 days. Annual subscribers get access to everything, including premium fights featuring Anthony Joshua, Canelo Alvarez, and more.
What’s on DAZN
In the U.S., subscribers get access to a large variety of combat sports and numerous exclusive fights. DAZN has a partnership with mixed martial arts presenter Bellator that features Gegard Mousasi, Paul Daley, Michael Venom Page, Rory MacDonald, and many more live and exclusive fights.
The service also includes:
- World Boxing Super Series Bantamweight, Cruiserweight, and Super Lightweight tournaments.
- Behind-the-scenes specials that follow boxers up to their big fights
- an archive of famous fights featuring Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Manny Pacquiao, Canelo Alvarez, Gennadiy “GGG” Golovkin, and others.
- DAZN has a five-year, 11 fight contract with Mexican boxer Canelo Alvarez, whose premium fights, along with those of such icons as Goloykin and Anthony Joshua, are available in the annual subscription, as well as for the first 30 days of a monthly pass.
- access to Major League Baseball on-demand highlights, as well as a live nightly program featuring baseball analysis.
- There is also The Making Of, an interview series that looks into significant games behind soccer’s top stars.
DAZN Device Support
The DAZN app is available on a wide variety of smart TVs and devices, including:
- Amazon Fire TV/Stick
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- VIZIO SmartCast TV
- Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- iOS and Android devices
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer and Opera
- Xbox One S / X and PS4
The app allows for streaming at the best possible quality, up to HD 1080p, and the ability to watch on two devices simultaneously.
DAZN is for Fight Fans
If you’re a big sports fan, particularly of combat sports like boxing and mixed martial arts, DAZN offers a wide range of viewing options for a reasonable price and a growing list of exclusive matches. DAZN also hopes to continue to expand its offerings, as it negotiates into more mainstream sports, and plans to expand from nine to 200 countries later this year. Stay tuned: if things go as planned, there will be even more options coming your way.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.