The 2021-2022 NBA Season is here, and you don’t need cable to watch Golden State Warriors games. This article will explain how to watch every Golden State Warriors game this season, no matter where you live.
- Golden State Warriors TV Market: throughout the San Francisco Bay Area
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on NBC Sports Bay Area through the Hulu Live TV streaming service (1-week free trial).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Warriors TV Market: Watch nearly all Warriors games on NBA League Pass (sign up online). The Warriors have a few nationally televised games. Those games will air on either ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV and won’t be on NBA League Pass. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Warriors On
Where you can watch the Golden State Warriors depends on whether or not you live inside the Golden State Warriors TV market (throughout the San Francisco Bay Area). If you live inside that market, you can watch Warriors games on NBC Sports Bay Area. However, if you live outside that market, you will need ESPN, ABC, NBA TV, and TNT. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Warriors Games In Market
If you live in the Warriors TV market, you can watch the Warriors on NBC Sports Bay Area, the Warriors regional sports network. If you live in the Warriors broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV offers NBC Sports Bay Area at the cost of $64.99 per month after a 1-week free trial. The service also provides ESPN and TNT so you can watch some nationally televised NBA games. You pay month to month with no contract, and if you cancel within your free trial period, you will not be charged. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The base price includes a cloud DVR and stream on two devices at once, but the option to upgrade to unlimited streams. Hulu Live TV includes Hulu streaming library. (see our review of Hulu Live TV)
DIRECTV Stream is a live streaming service that carries NBC Sports Bay Area for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $84.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV Stream also carries ESPN, ABC, NBA TV, and TNT, all of which air nationally televised NBA games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV Stream is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV Stream for more details on this streaming service.
fuboTV is a live streaming service that carries NBC Sports Bay Area for those living in their broadcast region. They offer a 1-week free trial, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. It’s also cheaper than DIRECTV Stream at $64.99 per month. You can cancel at any time. However, the service doesn’t carry TNT, so you won’t have access to some nationally televised games. The service does carry ESPN. Service is month-to-month with no long-term contract. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on three devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
Watching Warriors Games Outside of Their TV Market
To watch Warriors games if you live outside the Golden State market, you will need NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will show every Warriors game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV.
If you are interested in watching NBA Games that aren’t nationally televised, your best option is the NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will let you watch every Non-nationally televised NBA game this season. The service offers three ways to subscribe:
- Team Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Golden State Warriors for $17.99 per month or $119 per year.
- League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the the Golden State Warriors and every other team for $28.99 per month or $199 per year.
- Premium League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for every team for $39.99 per month or $249 per year. (commercial-free)
Keep in mind that there are blackout rules in effect. Games won’t be aired live if:
- They are being broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV
- They are being broadcast where you live the regional sports network’s broadcast area that owns the rights to air NBA games in your area. You will need a streaming service that carries your regional sports network like DIRECTV Stream (sign up) to watch those games.
To see any nationally televised Warriors games, you will need access to all or some of the following channels: ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. See our NBA National TV Schedule to see the Warriors games airing nationally. ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV, are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
- DIRECTV Stream – see DIRECTV Stream review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
- How To Watch ESPN without Cable
- How To Watch TNT without Cable
- How To Watch NBA TV Without Cable
- How To Watch ABC Without Cable
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.