Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Bruins game and every Boston Bruins game this season, no matter where you live.
Watch Every Bruins Game This Season
- Boston Bruins TV Market: throughout New England (except in Fairfield County, Connecticut, which is part of the greater New York City media market)
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on NESN through the DIRECTV STREAM “Choice” plan (5-day free trial). You can also watch on fuboTV (1-week free trial) which is more affordable but lacks TNT, so you will miss nationally telvised NHL games .
- Best Solution when living Outside the Bruins TV Market: Watch nearly all Bruins games on ESPN+ (sign up online). The Bruins only have a few games scheduled to air on TNT, NHL Network, and ESPN which won’t be on ESPN+. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Bruins On
Where you can watch the Boston Bruins depends on whether or not you live inside the Boston Bruins TV market, which consists of New England (except in Fairfield County, Connecticut, which is part of the greater New York City media market). If you live inside that market, you can watch Bruins games on NESN. However, if you live outside that market, you will need ESPN, ESPN+, and TNT. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Bruins Games In Market
If you live in the Bruins TV market, you can watch the Bruins on NESN, the Bruins regional sports network. If you live in the Bruins broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries NESN for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN and TNT. NHL Network is available with an upgrade. These are all the networks that air nationally televised NHL games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
fuboTV is a live streaming service that carries NESN for those living in their broadcast region. However, fuboTV subscribers in this area will be subject to a mandatory $6 per month regional sports fee. They offer a fuboTV subscription, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. It’s also cheaper than DIRECTV STREAM at $69.99 per month. You can cancel at any time. However, the service doesn’t carry TNT so you won’t have access to some nationally televised games. The service does carry ESPN, and NHL Network can be added through an upgrade. Service is month-to-month with no long-term contract. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
NESN 360 just launched in June and provides a way for New England Sports Fans to stream NESN and NESN+, so you can watch Bruins games without a pay-TV provider. The service currently costs $29.99 per month or $329.99 for the year, but it’s only available to those living inside the Bruins market. You can check your zip code for availability. While the price is a bit high, it provides a discount for those who just want NESN and not all the other channels you get with FuboTV or DIRECTV STREAM. However, if you already have a pay-TV provider with NESN (including FuboTV or DIRECTV STREAM), you already have access to NESN 360 with your TV provider account credentials.
If you currently don’t have a provider with NESN, you can subscribe to NESN 360 on the NESN Website. Once you subscribe to NESN 360, you download the NESN 360 app to your streaming device and log in. NESN 360 currently supports iOS, Android, Apple TV, and Roku devices. You can also watch on NESN’s website
Watching Bruins Games Outside of their TV Market
To watch Bruins games if you live outside the Boston market, you will need ESPN+. ESPN+ will show every Bruins game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN or TNT.
NHL.TV is moving its games to ESPN+ for the 2021-2022 NHL season. Not only will ESPN+ show a ton of nationally televised games, but the service will also provide a live stream to over 1000+ NHL games outside your local market, including the Boston Bruins.
You watch ESPN+ through the ESPN App. To add ESPN+ to your ESPN app, follow these instructions:
- Subscribe to ESPN+
- Download and Open the ESPN app on your mobile or TV device. supports Roku Players and TVs, Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, Samsung TVs, Xbox, PlayStation and more.
- Click the Settings Gear in the upper right corner
- Select “Account Information” then “Log Into ESPN Account.” You should receive an activation code.
- Visit https://espn.com/activate on your phone or laptop and type in the code
- Log in with your ESPN+ credentials
- You should then get confirmation that your ESPN+ account is linked and now see and “ESPN+” tab in the ESPN app.
An ESPN+ subscription costs only $6.99 per month. There is no contract so you can cancel any time you like. However, you can select a yearly subscription for a discounted rate of $69.99 annually. In addition to ESPN, Disney also owns Hulu and the Disney+ streaming service. You can get Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for just $13.99 by signing up here! For more information on ESPN+, see our ESPN+ review.
To see if any nationally televised Bruins games are exclusive to ESPN, NHL Network, or TNT, see our NHL National TV Schedule. TNT, NHL Network, and ESPN are available on the following TV streaming service:
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.