Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Knicks game and every New York Knicks game this season, no matter where you live.
Watch Every Knicks Game This Season
- New York Knicks TV Market: New York, Northern & Central New York, Southern Connecticut, and Northern Pennsylvania
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on MSG Network through the DIRECTV STREAM streaming service (sign up online). You can also watch on fuboTV (1-week free trial) which is more affordable but lacks TNT, so you will miss nationally televised NBA games .
- Best Solution when living Outside the Knicks TV Market: Watch nearly all Knicks games on NBA League Pass (sign up online). The Knicks have a few nationally televised games on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV which won’t be on NBA League Pass. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Knicks On
Where you can watch the New York Knicks depends on whether or not you live inside the New York Knicks TV market (New York, Northern & Central New York, Southern Connecticut, and Northern Pennsylvania). If you live inside that market, you can watch Knicks games on MSG. However, if you live outside that market, you will need ESPN, ABC, NBA TV, and TNT. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Knicks Games In Market
If you live in the Knicks TV market, you can watch the Knicks on MSG, the Knicks regional sports network. If you live in the Knicks broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries MSG for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $99.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN, NBA TV, ABC, and TNT, which are all the networks that air nationally televised NBA games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to simultaneously stream to an unlimited number of devices in the home, and up to 3 outside the home. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
fuboTV is a live streaming service that carries MSG for those living in their broadcast region. However, fuboTV subscribers in this area will be subject to a mandatory $6 per month regional sports fee. They offer a fuboTV subscription, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. It’s also cheaper than DIRECTV STREAM at $74.99. You can cancel at any time. However, the service doesn’t carry TNT so you won’t have access to some nationally televised games. The service does carry ESPN, and NBA TV can be added through an upgrade. Service is month-to-month with no long-term contract. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
Watching Knicks Games Outside of Their TV Market
To watch Knicks games if you live outside the New York market, you will need NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will show every Knicks game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV.
If you are interested in watching NBA Games that aren’t nationally televised, your best option is the NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will let you watch every Non-nationally televised NBA game this season. The service offers three ways to subscribe:
- Team Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the New York Knicks for $17.99 per month or $119 per year.
- League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the New York Knicks and every other team for $28.99 per month or $199 per year.
- Premium League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for every team for $39.99 per month or $249 per year. (commercial-free)
Keep in mind that there are blackout rules in effect. Games won’t be aired live if:
- They are being broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV
- They are being broadcast where you live the regional sports network’s broadcast area that owns the rights to air NBA games in your area. You will need a streaming service that carries your regional sports network like DIRECTV STREAM (sign up) to watch those games.
To see any nationally televised Knicks games you will need access to all or some of the following channels: ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. See our NBA National TV Schedule to see the Knicks games airing nationally. ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV, are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
- DIRECTV STREAM – see DIRECTV STREAM review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
- How To Watch ESPN without Cable
- How To Watch TNT without Cable
- How To Watch NBA TV Without Cable
- How To Watch ABC Without Cable
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.