The 2021-2022 NHL Season is here, and you don’t need cable to watch Philadelphia Flyers games. However, with NHL TV rights being so confusing, it’s difficult to know where to watch your Philadelphia Flyers. This article will explain how to watch every Philadelphia Flyers game this season, no matter where you live.
- Philadelphia Flyers TV Market: throughout most of southeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey and most of Delaware
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on NBC Sports Philadelphia through the Hulu Live TV streaming service (1-week free trial).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Flyers TV Market: Watch nearly all Flyers games on ESPN+ (sign up online). The Flyers only have a few games scheduled to air on TNT, NHL Network, and ESPN which won’t be on ESPN+. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Flyers On
Where you can watch the Philadelphia Flyers depends on whether or not you live inside the Philadelphia Flyers TV market, which consists of southeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey, and most of Delaware. If you live inside that market, you can watch Flyers games on NBC Sports Philadelphia. However, if you live outside that market, you will need ESPN, ESPN+, and TNT. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Flyers Games In Market
If you live in the Flyers TV market, you can watch the Flyers on NBC Sports Philadelphia, the Flyers regional sports network. If you live in the Flyers broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV offers NBC Sports Philadelphia at the cost of $64.99 per month after a 1-week free trial. The service also provides ESPN and TNT so you can watch nationally televised NHL games. You pay month to month with no contract and if you cancel within your free trial period you will not be charged. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The base price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 2 devices at once, but the option to upgrade to unlimited streams. Hulu Live TV includes Hulu streaming library. (see our review of Hulu Live TV)
fuboTV is a live streaming service that carries NBC Sports Philadelphia for those living in their broadcast region. They offer a 1-week free trial, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. FuboTV’s Starter channel plan costs $64.99 per month. You can cancel at any time. However, the service doesn’t carry TNT so you won’t have access to some nationally televised games. The service does carry ESPN, and NHL Network can be added through an upgrade. Service is month-to-month with no long-term contract. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
Watching Flyers Games Outside of their TV Market
To watch Flyers games if you live outside the Philadelphia market, you will need ESPN+. ESPN+ will show every Flyers game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN or TNT.
NHL.TV is moving its games to ESPN+ for the 2021-2022 NHL season. Not only will ESPN+ show a ton of nationally televised games, but the service will also provide a live stream to over 1000+ NHL games outside your local market, including the Philadelphia Flyers.
You watch ESPN+ through the ESPN App. To add ESPN+ to your ESPN app, follow these instructions:
- Subscribe to ESPN+
- Download and Open the ESPN app on your mobile or TV device. supports Roku Players and TVs, Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, Samsung TVs, Xbox, PlayStation and more.
- Click the Settings Gear in the upper right corner
- Select “Account Information” then “Log Into ESPN Account.” You should receive an activation code.
- Visit https://espn.com/activate on your phone or laptop and type in the code
- Log in with your ESPN+ credentials
- You should then get confirmation that your ESPN+ account is linked and now see and “ESPN+” tab in the ESPN app.
An ESPN+ subscription costs only $6.99 per month. There is no contract so you can cancel any time you like. However, you can select a yearly subscription for a discounted rate of $69.99 annually. In addition to ESPN, Disney also owns Hulu and the Disney+ streaming service. You can get Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for just $13.99 by signing up here! For more information on ESPN+, see our ESPN+ review.
To see if any nationally televised Flyers games are exclusive to ESPN or TNT, see our NHL National TV Schedule. TNT and ESPN are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- Hulu Live TV – see Hulu Live TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.