The 2021-2022 NBA Season is here, and you don’t need cable to watch Phoenix Suns games. This article will explain how to watch every Phoenix Suns game this season, no matter where you live.
- Phoenix Suns TV Market: throughout Arizona
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on Bally Sports Arizona through the DIRECTV Stream streaming service (sign up online).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Suns TV Market: Watch nearly all Suns games on
- NBA League Pass (sign up online). The Suns have a few nationally televised games on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV which won’t be on NBA League Pass. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Suns On
Where you can watch the Phoenix Suns depends on whether or not you live inside the Phoenix Suns TV market (throughout Arizona). If you live inside that market, you can watch Suns games on Bally Sports Arizona using a streaming service that carries the network. However, if you live outside that market, you will need a subscription to NBA League Pass, and a streaming service that carries ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Suns Games In Market
If you live in the Suns TV market, you can watch the Suns on Bally Sports Arizona, the Suns regional sports network. If you live in the Suns broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV Stream is a live streaming service that carries Bally Sports Arizona for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $84.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV Stream also carries ESPN, NBA TV, ABC, and TNT, which are all the networks that air nationally televised NBA games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV Stream is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV Stream for more details on this streaming service.
Watching Suns Games Outside of Their TV Market
To watch Suns games if you live outside the Phoenix market, you will need NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will show every Suns game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV.
If you are interested in watching NBA Games that aren’t nationally televised, your best option is the NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will let you watch every Non-nationally televised NBA game this season. The service offers three ways to subscribe:
- Team Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Phoenix Suns for $17.99 per month or $119 per year.
- League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the the Phoenix Suns and every other team for $28.99 per month or $199 per year.
- Premium League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for every team for $39.99 per month or $249 per year. (commercial-free)
Keep in mind that there are blackout rules in effect. Games won’t be aired live if:
- They are being broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV
- They are being broadcast where you live the regional sports network’s broadcast area that owns the rights to air NBA games in your area. You will need a streaming service that carries your regional sports network like DIRECTV Stream (sign up) to watch those games.
To see any nationally televised Suns games you will need access to all or some of the following channels: ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. See our NBA National TV Schedule to see the Suns games airing nationally. ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV, are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
- DIRECTV Stream – see DIRECTV Stream review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
- How To Watch ESPN without Cable
- How To Watch TNT without Cable
- How To Watch NBA TV Without Cable
- How To Watch ABC Without Cable
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.