Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Hurricanes game and every Carolina Hurricanes game this season, no matter where you live.
Watch Every Hurricanes Game This Season
- Carolina Hurricanes TV Market: throughout Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on Bally Sports South through the DIRECTV STREAM “Choice” plan (5-day free trial).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Hurricanes TV Market: Watch nearly all Hurricanes games on ESPN+ (sign up online). The Hurricanes have a few nationally televised games on TNT which won’t be on ESPN+. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Hurricanes On
Where you can watch the Carolina Hurricanes depends on whether or not you live inside the Carolina Hurricanes TV market, throughout Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. If you live inside that market, you can watch Hurricanes games on Bally Sports South. However, if you live outside that market, you will need ESPN, ESPN+, and TNT. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Hurricanes Games In Market
If you live in the Hurricanes TV market, you can watch the Hurricanes on Bally Sports South, the Hurricanes regional sports network. If you live in the Hurricanes broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries Bally Sports South for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN and TNT. NHL Network is available with an upgrade. These are all the networks that air nationally televised NHL games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
Watching Hurricanes Games Outside of their TV Market
To watch Hurricanes games if you live outside the Carolina market, you will need ESPN+. ESPN+ will show every Hurricanes game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN or TNT.
NHL.TV is moving its games to ESPN+ for the 2021-2022 NHL season. Not only will ESPN+ show a ton of nationally televised games, but the service will also provide a live stream to over 1000+ NHL games outside your local market, including the Carolina Hurricanes.
You watch ESPN+ through the ESPN App. To add ESPN+ to your ESPN app, follow these instructions:
- Subscribe to ESPN+
- Download and Open the ESPN app on your mobile or TV device. supports Roku Players and TVs, Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, Samsung TVs, Xbox, PlayStation and more.
- Click the Settings Gear in the upper right corner
- Select “Account Information” then “Log Into ESPN Account.” You should receive an activation code.
- Visit https://espn.com/activate on your phone or laptop and type in the code
- Log in with your ESPN+ credentials
- You should then get confirmation that your ESPN+ account is linked and now see and “ESPN+” tab in the ESPN app.
An ESPN+ subscription costs only $6.99 per month. There is no contract so you can cancel any time you like. However, you can select a yearly subscription for a discounted rate of $69.99 annually. In addition to ESPN, Disney also owns Hulu and the Disney+ streaming service. You can get Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for just $13.99 by signing up here! For more information on ESPN+, see our ESPN+ review.
To see if any nationally televised Hurricanes games are exclusive to ESPN, NHL Network, or TNT, see our NHL National TV Schedule. TNT, NHL Network, and ESPN are available on the following TV streaming service:
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.