Watch Celtics Post Season: This article covers how to watch Celtics postseason games. For information on the postseason see our article: How To Watch The NBA Playoffs.
Watch Every Celtics Game This Season
Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Celtics game and every Boston Celtics game this season, no matter where you live.
- Boston Celtics TV Market: throughout Massachusetts, eastern and central Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on NBC Sports Boston through the Hulu Live TV streaming service (1-week free trial).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Celtics TV Market: Watch nearly all Celtics games on NBA League Pass (sign up online). The Celtics only have a few nationally televised games. Those games will air on either ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV and won’t be on NBA League Pass. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Celtics On
Where you can watch the Boston Celtics depends on whether or not you live inside the Boston Celtics TV market (throughout Massachusetts, eastern and central Connecticut, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island). If you live inside that market, you can watch Celtics games on NBC Sports Boston. However, you will need ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV if you live outside that market. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Celtics Games In Market
If you live in the Celtics TV market, you can watch the Celtics on NBC Sports Boston, the Celtics regional sports network. If you live in the Celtics broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV offers NBC Sports Boston at the cost of $69.99 per month after you sign up. The service also provides ESPN, ABC, and TNT, so you can watch some nationally televised NBA games. You pay month to month with no contract, and if you cancel within your free trial period, you will not be charged. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The base price includes a cloud DVR and stream on two devices at once, but the option to upgrade to unlimited streams. Hulu Live TV includes Hulu streaming library. (see our review of Hulu Live TV)
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries NBC Sports Boston for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN, ABC, NBA TV, and TNT, which are all the networks that air nationally televised NBA games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
fuboTV is a live streaming service that carries NBC Sports Boston for those living in their broadcast region. They offer a fuboTV subscription, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. It’s also cheaper than DIRECTV STREAM at $69.99 per month. You can cancel at any time. However, the service doesn’t carry TNT, so you won’t have access to some nationally televised games. The service does carry ESPN. Service is month-to-month with no long-term contract. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
Watching Celtics Games Outside of Their TV Market
To watch Celtics games if you live outside the Boston market, you will need NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will show every Celtics game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV.
If you are interested in watching NBA Games that aren’t nationally televised, your best option is the NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will let you watch every Non-nationally televised NBA game this season. The service offers three ways to subscribe:
- Team Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Boston Celtics for $17.99 per month or $119 per year.
- League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Boston Celtics and every other team for $28.99 per month or $199 per year.
- Premium League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for every team for $39.99 per month or $249 per year. (commercial-free)
Keep in mind that there are blackout rules in effect. Games won’t be aired live if:
- They are being broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV
- They are being broadcast where you live the regional sports network’s broadcast area that owns the rights to air NBA games in your area. You will need a streaming service that carries your regional sports network like DIRECTV STREAM (sign up) to watch those games.
To see any nationally televised Celtics games, you will need access to all or some of the following channels: ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. See our NBA National TV Schedule to see the Celtics games airing nationally. ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV, are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
- DIRECTV STREAM – see DIRECTV STREAM review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
- How To Watch ESPN without Cable
- How To Watch TNT without Cable
- How To Watch NBA TV Without Cable
- How To Watch ABC Without Cable
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.