Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Timberwolves game and every Minnesota Timberwolves game this season, no matter where you live.
Watch Every Timberwolves Game This Season
- Minnesota Timberwolves TV Market: throughout Minnesota, western Wisconsin, northern Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on Bally Sports North through the DIRECTV STREAM streaming service (sign up online).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Timberwolves TV Market: Watch nearly all Timberwolves games on
- NBA League Pass (sign up online). The Timberwolves have a few nationally televised games on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV which won’t be on NBA League Pass. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Timberwolves On
Where you can watch the Minnesota Timberwolves depends on whether or not you live inside the Minnesota Timberwolves TV market (throughout Minnesota, western Wisconsin, northern Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota). If you live inside that market, you can watch Timberwolves games on Bally Sports North using a streaming service that carries the network. However, if you live outside that market, you will need a subscription to NBA League Pass, and a streaming service that carries ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Timberwolves Games In Market
If you live in the Timberwolves TV market, you can watch the Timberwolves on Bally Sports North, the Timberwolves regional sports network. If you live in the Timberwolves broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries Bally Sports North for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $99.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN, NBA TV, ABC, and TNT, which are all the networks that air nationally televised NBA games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to simultaneously stream to an unlimited number of devices in the home, and up to 3 outside the home. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
fuboTV is a live streaming service that carries Bally Sports North for those living in their broadcast region. They offer a 1-week free trial, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. It’s also cheaper than DIRECTV STREAM at $74.99 per month. However, fuboTV subscribers in this area will be subject to a mandatory regional sports fee between $10.99 and $13.99 per month, depending on how many RSNs are in your area. You can cancel at any time. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
Bally Sports just launched a direct-to-customer streaming service called Bally Sports Plus. Bally Sports+ carries Minnesota Timberwolves games airing on Bally Sports. Bally Sports+ is currently available on iOS and Android mobile smart devices, along with tvOS (Apple TV), Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV streaming devices and smart TVs. See our article, Is Bally Sports Worth the Price for more details.
You can subscribe to Bally Sports+ at BallySportsPlus.com for $189.99 annually or $19.99 each month and live stream games airing on Bally Sports North or Bally Sports North Extra through the Bally Sports app. To subscribe, you must live in the Bally Sports North TV market. You are most likely outside the intended TV market if you do not see Bally Sports+ available on BallySportsPlus.com or within the Bally Sports app. You won’t have access to all the channels you get with DIRECTV STREAM, but it’s a cheaper way to watch Bally Sports North.
Watching Timberwolves Games Outside of Their TV Market
To watch Timberwolves games if you live outside the Minnesota market, you will need NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will show every Timberwolves game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV.
If you are interested in watching NBA Games that aren’t nationally televised, your best option is the NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will let you watch every Non-nationally televised NBA game this season. The service offers three ways to subscribe:
- Team Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Minnesota Timberwolves for $17.99 per month or $119 per year.
- League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Minnesota Timberwolves and every other team for $28.99 per month or $199 per year.
- Premium League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for every team for $39.99 per month or $249 per year. (commercial-free)
Keep in mind that there are blackout rules in effect. Games won’t be aired live if:
- They are being broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV
- They are being broadcast where you live the regional sports network’s broadcast area that owns the rights to air NBA games in your area. You will need a streaming service that carries your regional sports network like DIRECTV STREAM (sign up) to watch those games.
To see any nationally televised Timberwolves games you will need access to all or some of the following channels: ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. See our NBA National TV Schedule to see the Timberwolves games airing nationally. ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV, are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
- DIRECTV STREAM – see DIRECTV STREAM review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
- How To Watch ESPN without Cable
- How To Watch TNT without Cable
- How To Watch NBA TV Without Cable
- How To Watch ABC Without Cable
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.