NBA TV is one of the channels you will need to watch the NBA this season. The channel will air over 100 nationally televised NBA games this season. NBA TV is available through many cable companies in the U.S. However, you don’t need cable to watch NBA TV. You can watch the same NBA TV available through cable and satellite TV through the following streaming services: YouTube TV, Sling TV, and FuboTV. You also get NBA TV is you subscribe to NBA League Pass, which airs every out of market game.
Watching NBA TV Without Cable
Read on to see how to watch NBA TV through Live TV streaming services.
You Can Subscribe Directly To NBA TV
NBA TV is a channel you can subscribe to directly without having to go through a cable provider or live TV streaming service. Subscribers can stream the channel on their mobile phones, connected devices like Roku, gaming consoles, tablets, and web browsers. You can subscribe to NBA TV for $29.99 annually.
Once subscribed to NBA League Pass you watch through the NBA app. You can download the NBA app to any of the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- PlayStation 4 and 5
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X
- PC and Mac Browsers
Once you download the NBA app, you can watch NBA TV on your TV-connected device (Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, etc.) Follow the example below:
- Go to the channel store on your device.
- Search for the NBA app, and add it to your device.
- Open the app, and click the setting gear from the top right of the menu.
- Then select “Sign in” on the League Pass Screen (NBA TV is considered a part of League Pass).
- Enter the email and password associated with your NBA TV account
- You can now watch NBA TV on your TV through the NBA app
NBA TV on Sling TV
Sling TV is the next most affordable option to watch NBA TV. The channel is available through both the Sling TV “Orange” and “Blue package by adding the “Sports Extra” add-on channel pack. The additional sports package costs an additional $11 per month on top of the $40 for one of the Sling TV basic package, bringing the total to $51 per month.
We recommend picking up the “Blue” package over the “Orange” unless you want ESPN and other Disney Owned channels. The Blue channel package tends to have an overall better channel selection and allows you to stream to 3 devices simultaneously. The Orange plan only allows one stream at a time. You could opt to subscribe to both plans for $55 per month.
Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more, so it’s not a problem to enjoy NBA TV on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices. There are more channels available on Sling TV than what I’ve mentioned here. To find out more check out this detailed review of Sling TV. You can sign up for Sling here. And you can cancel any time as there are no contracts or long-term commitments.
NBA TV on YouTube TV
YouTube TV also carries NBA TV in its basic channel lineup. However, it is considerably more expensive than Sling TV, $72.99per month after a free trial. There is no long term contract, and if you cancel within the trial period, you will not be charged.
YouTube TV provides:
- access to NBA TV, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes YouTube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
Check our review of YouTube TV for more details.
NBA TV on FuboTV
FuboTV is a streaming service built for sports. NBA TV is available through the “fubo Extra” channel add-on. After subscribing to the “Pro” plan for $74.99, the “fubo Extra” channel pack adds on another $7.99 per month. Fubo offers NBA TV, along with 100+ other channels. You can get a fuboTV subscription to watch NBA TV live on FuboTV. The package includes:
- Live NBA TV, ESPN, and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV.
You can sign up for fuboTV or check out our review of FuboTV for more details.
NBA TV on DIRECTV STREAM
AT&T’s live streaming service is another way to watch NBA TV live. However, you have to subscribe to their “Choice” package for $99.99 per month. You can sign up online, and they don’t force you into a contract so you can cancel at any time. . The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to simultaneously stream to an unlimited number of devices in the home, and up to 3 outside the home.
DIRECTV STREAM is supported on the following devices:
- 4th Gen Apple TV
- Google Chromecast, 2nd gen and higher
- Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- iOS devices
- Chrome and Safari browsers
See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
For information on watching other TV channels online check out: How To Stream Specific TV Channels
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For the latest news tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to follow our Google News Feed, like our Facebook Page and Follow Us on Twitter.