Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Lakers game and every Los Angeles Lakers game this season, no matter where you live.
Watch Every Lakers Game This Season
- Los Angeles Lakers TV Market: Los Angeles and other parts of Southern California, including the San Diego, Palm Springs and Santa Barbara markets, as well as Southern Nevada and Hawaii
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on Spectrum SportsNet through the DIRECTV STREAM streaming service (sign up online).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Lakers TV Market: Watch nearly all Lakers games on
- NBA League Pass (sign up online). The Lakers have a few nationally televised games on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV which won’t be on NBA League Pass. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Lakers On
Where you can watch the Los Angeles Lakers depends on whether or not you live inside the Los Angeles Lakers TV market (Los Angeles and other parts of Southern California, including the San Diego, Palm Springs and Santa Barbara markets, as well as Southern Nevada and Hawaii). If you live inside that market, you can watch Lakers games on Spectrum SportsNet using a streaming service that carries the network. However, if you live outside that market, you will need a subscription to NBA League Pass, and a streaming service that carries ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Lakers Games In Market
If you live in the Lakers TV market, you can watch the Lakers on Spectrum SportsNet, the Lakers regional sports network. If you live in the Lakers broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries Spectrum SportsNet for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN, NBA TV, ABC, and TNT, which are all the networks that air nationally televised NBA games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
Watching Lakers Games Outside of Their TV Market
To watch Lakers games if you live outside the Los Angeles market, you will need NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will show every Lakers game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV.
If you are interested in watching NBA Games that aren’t nationally televised, your best option is the NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will let you watch every Non-nationally televised NBA game this season. The service offers three ways to subscribe:
- Team Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Los Angeles Lakers for $17.99 per month or $119 per year.
- League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Los Angeles Lakers and every other team for $28.99 per month or $199 per year.
- Premium League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for every team for $39.99 per month or $249 per year. (commercial-free)
Keep in mind that there are blackout rules in effect. Games won’t be aired live if:
- They are being broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV
- They are being broadcast where you live the regional sports network’s broadcast area that owns the rights to air NBA games in your area. You will need a streaming service that carries your regional sports network like DIRECTV STREAM (sign up) to watch those games.
To see any nationally televised Lakers games you will need access to all or some of the following channels: ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. See our NBA National TV Schedule to see the Lakers games airing nationally. ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV, are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
- DIRECTV STREAM – see DIRECTV STREAM review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
- How To Watch ESPN without Cable
- How To Watch TNT without Cable
- How To Watch NBA TV Without Cable
- How To Watch ABC Without Cable
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.