Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Penguins game and every Pittsburgh Penguins game this season, no matter where you live.
Watch Every Penguins Game This Season
- Pittsburgh Penguins TV Market: Western, Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Eastern Ohio, Western Maryland, and Southwestern New York
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh through the DIRECTV STREAM “Choice” plan (5-day free trial). You can also watch on fuboTV (1-week free trial) which is more affordable but lacks TNT, so you will miss nationally telvised NHL games .
- Best Solution when living Outside the Penguins TV Market: Watch nearly all Penguins games on ESPN+ (sign up online). The Penguins only have a few games scheduled to air on TNT, NHL Network, and ESPN which won’t be on ESPN+. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Penguins On
Where you can watch the Pittsburgh Penguins depends on whether or not you live inside the Pittsburgh Penguins TV market (Western, Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Eastern Ohio, Western Maryland, and Southwestern New York). If you live inside that market, you can watch Penguins games on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh. However, if you live outside that market, you will need ESPN, ESPN+, and TNT. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Penguins Games In Market
If you live in the Penguins TV market, you can watch the Penguins on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh, the Penguins regional sports network. If you live in the Penguins broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN and TNT. NHL Network is available with an upgrade. These are all the networks that air nationally televised NHL games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
fuboTV is a live streaming service that carries AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh for those living in their broadcast region. However, fuboTV subscribers in this area will be subject to a mandatory $6 per month regional sports fee. They offer a fuboTV subscription, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. It’s also cheaper than DIRECTV STREAM at $69.99 per month. You can cancel at any time. However, the service doesn’t carry TNT so you won’t have access to some nationally televised games. The service does carry ESPN, and NHL Network can be added through an upgrade. Service is month-to-month with no long-term contract. The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
Watching Penguins Games Outside of their TV Market
To watch Penguins games if you live outside the Pittsburgh market, you will need ESPN+. ESPN+ will show every Penguins game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN or TNT.
NHL.TV is moving its games to ESPN+ for the 2021-2022 NHL season. Not only will ESPN+ show a ton of nationally televised games, but the service will also provide a live stream to over 1000+ NHL games outside your local market, including the Pittsburgh Penguins.
You watch ESPN+ through the ESPN App. To add ESPN+ to your ESPN app, follow these instructions:
- Subscribe to ESPN+
- Download and Open the ESPN app on your mobile or TV device. supports Roku Players and TVs, Amazon Fire TV devices, Chromecast, Apple TV, Android, iPhone, Samsung TVs, Xbox, PlayStation and more.
- Click the Settings Gear in the upper right corner
- Select “Account Information” then “Log Into ESPN Account.” You should receive an activation code.
- Visit https://espn.com/activate on your phone or laptop and type in the code
- Log in with your ESPN+ credentials
- You should then get confirmation that your ESPN+ account is linked and now see and “ESPN+” tab in the ESPN app.
An ESPN+ subscription costs only $6.99 per month. There is no contract so you can cancel any time you like. However, you can select a yearly subscription for a discounted rate of $69.99 annually. In addition to ESPN, Disney also owns Hulu and the Disney+ streaming service. You can get Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for just $13.99 by signing up here! For more information on ESPN+, see our ESPN+ review.
To see if any nationally televised Penguins games are exclusive to ESPN, NHL Network, or TNT, see our NHL National TV Schedule. TNT, NHL Network, and ESPN are available on the following TV streaming service:
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.