Don’t have cable? This article will explain how you can stream the next Rockets game and every Houston Rockets game this season, no matter where you live.
Where to Watch Today's Rockets Game
Below are the upcoming Rockets games and how you can stream them live based on where you live.
Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns
Game Time: The Rockets take on the Suns on Fri, December 2, 2022, at 9:00 PM EST. There are three possible ways to stream the game depending on your TV market
If you live in the Rockets TV market: The game is on AT&T SportsNet Southwest, which you can stream through the following:
- DIRECTV STREAM Choice Plan - Try a (5-day Free Trial).
- fuboTV - provides 1-week free trial when signing up, and you can cancel at any time.
If you live in the Suns TV market: The game is on Bally Sports Arizona, which you can stream through the following:
- DIRECTV STREAM Choice Plan - Try a (5-day Free Trial).
Watch from all other US TV markets: If you live outside both teams regions, you can stream the game live on NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass streams every game this season as long as the game isn't airing on a national or regional sports network in your market. You can (sign up online) and watch nearly every out-of-market game.
Upcoming Houston Rockets TV Schedule
|Date and Time (ET)||Opponent||Local Channel||National Channel|
|Friday, Dec. 2 @ 9:00 PM||at Phoenix Suns||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Saturday, Dec. 3 @ 8:30 PM||at Golden State Warriors||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Monday, Dec. 5 @ 8:00 PM||vs. Philadelphia 76ers||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Thursday, Dec. 8 @ 8:30 PM||at San Antonio Spurs||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Sunday, Dec. 11 @ 7:00 PM||vs. Milwaukee Bucks||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Tuesday, Dec. 13 @ 8:00 PM||vs. Phoenix Suns||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Thursday, Dec. 15 @ 8:00 PM||vs. Miami Heat||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Saturday, Dec. 17 @ 8:00 PM||vs. Portland Trail Blazers||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Monday, Dec. 19 @ 8:00 PM||vs. San Antonio Spurs||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
|Wednesday, Dec. 21 @ 8:00 PM||vs. Orlando Magic||AT&T SportsNet Southwest||NBA League Pass|
Read on for more details on these services, possible alternatives, and how you can not only watch the next game but every Rockets game this season!
Watch Every Rockets Game This Season
- Houston Rockets TV Market: throughout Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, parts of Oklahoma and eastern New Mexico
- Best Solution when inside their TV Market: Watch on AT&T SportsNet Southwest through the DIRECTV STREAM streaming service (sign up online).
- Best Solution when living Outside the Rockets TV Market: Watch nearly all Rockets games on
- NBA League Pass (sign up online). The Rockets have a few nationally televised games on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV which won’t be on NBA League Pass. Read on to learn how to watch those nationally televised games.
What Channel Are The Rockets On
Where you can watch the Houston Rockets depends on whether or not you live inside the Houston Rockets TV market (throughout Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, parts of Oklahoma, and eastern New Mexico). If you live inside that market, you can watch Rockets games on AT&T SportsNet Southwest using a streaming service that carries the network. However, if you live outside that market, you will need a subscription to NBA League Pass, and a streaming service that carries ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. Let’s take a look at your options based on where you live.
Watching Rockets Games In Market
If you live in the Rockets TV market, you can watch the Rockets on AT&T SportsNet Southwest, the Rockets regional sports network. If you live in the Rockets broadcast areas, you can watch their regional sports network without cable on the following streaming services.
DIRECTV STREAM is a live streaming service that carries AT&T SportsNet Southwest for those living in their broadcast region. However, you must subscribe to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. You can sign up online. They don’t force you into a contract, and you can cancel at any time. DIRECTV STREAM also carries ESPN, NBA TV, ABC, and TNT, which are all the networks that air nationally televised NBA games.
The service also includes a cloud DVR service and allows you to stream to 20 devices simultaneously. DIRECTV STREAM is supported on Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, and more. See our review of DIRECTV STREAM for more details on this streaming service.
fuboTV carries AT&T SportsNet Southwest for those living in their broadcast region so you can watch Rockets games. However, fuboTV subscribers in this area will be subject to a mandatory $6 per month regional sports fee. You can watch the Rockets online or on your TV using a supported streaming device like a Roku or Fire TV Stick.
FuboTV offers a 1-Week Free Trial. There is no contract, and you can cancel any time. If you cancel during your free trial, you will not be charged at all. Here are some features included with your subscription to fuboTV:
- live local CBS, FOX, and NBC broadcast in many parts of the country
- a ton of channels you usually find on cable like ESPN, FS1, and more
- a cloud DVR for recording TV shows
- stream to 2 devices at once (can upgrade to more)
Watching Rockets Games Outside of Their TV Market
To watch Rockets games if you live outside the Houston market, you will need NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will show every Rockets game that isn’t exclusively airing nationally on ESPN, ABC, TNT, or NBA TV.
If you are interested in watching NBA Games that aren’t nationally televised, your best option is the NBA League Pass. NBA League Pass will let you watch every Non-nationally televised NBA game this season. The service offers three ways to subscribe:
- Team Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Houston Rockets for $17.99 per month or $119 per year.
- League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for the Houston Rockets and every other team for $28.99 per month or $199 per year.
- Premium League Pass – Watch live, out-of-market games for every team for $39.99 per month or $249 per year. (commercial-free)
Keep in mind that there are blackout rules in effect. Games won’t be aired live if:
- They are being broadcast on ESPN, ABC, TNT or NBA TV
- They are being broadcast where you live the regional sports network’s broadcast area that owns the rights to air NBA games in your area. You will need a streaming service that carries your regional sports network like DIRECTV STREAM (sign up) to watch those games.
To see any nationally televised Rockets games you will need access to all or some of the following channels: ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV. See our NBA National TV Schedule to see the Rockets games airing nationally. ESPN, ABC, TNT, and NBA TV, are available on the following TV streaming service:
- Sling Orange – see Sling TV review or sign up
- YouTube TV – see YouTube TV review or sign up
- DIRECTV STREAM – see DIRECTV STREAM review or sign up
You can also check the following for more information on watching these channels.
- How To Watch ESPN without Cable
- How To Watch TNT without Cable
- How To Watch NBA TV Without Cable
- How To Watch ABC Without Cable
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.