The Wonder Years reboot returns this week, with new episodes beginning Wednesday, January 5, at 8:30 p.m. ET/ 7:30 C. Looking back on childhood life in the 1960s, Don Cheadle lends his voice as the adult version of Dean Williams (played by Elisha “EJ” Williams), and young Black boy in 1968. Also co-starring Dule Hill, Saycon Sengbloh, and Laura Kariuk, The Wonder Years takes a fresh look at the coming-of-age series popular in the late 1980s. This article explains how you can watch The Wonder Years live every week even if you don’t have cable.
- When Does The Wonder Years air: New episodes of The Wonder Years air on Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m. ET
- TV Network: The Wonder Years airs on ABC.
- Best Way to Stream Live: You can stream The Wonder Years live on DIRECTV STREAM. The streaming service provides live ABC and has a 5-day free trial. FuboTV (sign up) and YouTube TV (Free Trial) both offer access to ABC live streaming.
- On-Demand: If you can wait one day, Hulu’s more affordable Hulu streaming library (30-day Free Trial) will have new episodes available on Thursdays. Hulu also has all the episodes from the first half of the season.
New episodes of The Wonder Years air every Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. ET on ABC. If you don’t want to wait a day to watch new episodes on Hulu On-Demand, you can use a TV antenna if you live close enough to an ABC broadcast tower. You can also stream The Wonder Years on ABC live using the following options from our guide to watching ABC without cable.
Watch New Episodes of The Wonder Years Live
The following streaming services carry ABC, so you can watch The Wonder Years as it airs every Wednesday.
Watch The Wonder Years on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM offers live ABC streaming in many markets. Through its “Entertainment” package for $69.99 a month, ABC is available along with a ton of cable TV and other broadcast networks. They offer a free trial to allow you to make sure ABC is offered in your area.
A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM includes the following:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like Discovery and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
For more information, check out our review of DIRECTV STREAM NOW.
How Much: $69.99 per month through its “Entertainment” package.
Watch The Wonder Years on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is another excellent option to watch The Wonder Years live. YouTube TV offers live ABC with its streaming service in nearly ALL markets in the US. The only market where YouTube TV doesn’t provide ABC is the Rochester-Mason City-Austin market, which covers parts of Minnesota and Iowa. (YouTube TV does offer ABC in Rochester, NY, and Austin, TX.)
YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies. Be sure to check out our review of YouTube TV for more information. You can sign up for their free trial.
How Much: $64.99 per month.
Watch The Wonder Years on fuboTV
FuboTV streams live ABC in most markets. You can check out a free trial to FuboTV here. Fubo TV supports the following streaming devices:
- Android smartphones
- Android tablets
- Apple TV (4th Generation only)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
For more information on FuboTV features, please see our Fubo TV review.
How Much: FuboTV costs $69.99.
Watch The Wonder Years As it Airs on Hulu
If you don’t want to wait a day for The Wonder Years to air on Hulu’s Streaming Library, Hulu offers a live TV service that carries ABC in nearly all US TV markets along with cable TV and broadcast networks. Therefore, you can watch The Wonder Years every week as it airs on ABC. To see if live ABC is available in your area, you can use this tool: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code.
Hulu Live TV costs $69.99 per month. Hulu Live TV includes the following features:
- Discovery and 60+ other channels including local network channels.
- Price includes a subscription to ESPN+ and Disney+
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage. (Recordings save for 9 months)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
- Supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
The Hulu streaming library is included with Hulu + live TV, so you will have access to all episodes of The Wonder Years this season on-demand, as well as the ability to watch when they air on ABC.
How Much: Hulu + Live TV costs $69.99 per month.
Watch The Wonder Years On Demand
Every episode from every season of The Wonder Years is available on Hulu On-Demand. There is even a 30-day Free Trial, which is time to squeeze in quite a few episodes. All episodes of The Wonder Years season 1 so far are available to stream now, and new episodes appear on Hulu the day after they air on ABC. The Hulu on-demand service starts at $6.99 per month, but you won’t be charged if you cancel within the trial period. There is no contract required, so it’s possible to cancel at any time. If you decide to keep the service, there is an ad-supported and ad-free plan. I briefly explain both below:
- Hulu with commercials ($6.99): This is the least expensive plan Hulu offers. This will allow you to watch the current and all past seasons of The Wonder Years on-demand. This package also provides access to the entire Hulu library; the on-demand Hulu feature providing various TV shows on network TV, cable, and all the Hulu Originals. There are commercials throughout the shows.
- Hulu – commercial-free ($12.99): This plan provides Hulu on-demand without commercials. (Due to network arrangements, Grey’s Anatomy, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and How To Get Away With Murder will always have commercials)
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.