You don’t need a cable TV subscription to watch Showtime originals like The Chi, Back To Life, or other popular Showtime Originals like “Billions.” Showtime is available to those without a cable TV subscription. Just subscribe to Showtime and stream shows and movies directly on your TV with a supported device. Before we get into the details here is a high-level summary of what you need to know:
- Showtime Price: Normally the service costs $10.99 per month, but there is a special offer that provides a 30-day free trial and then you get your first three months for only $4.99 per month
- Requirements: A device that supports the Showtime App and an internet connection with a recommended consistent bandwidth of 5 Mbps.
- Supported Devices: Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV devices, and modern browsers. You can also use the Showtime App on iOS and Android devices and LG, Xbox, and Samsung smart TVs
How Much Is Showtime Per Month
Subscribing to Showtime currently costs $4.99/month for your first 3 months after a 30-day free trial. After the introductory offer, Showtime reverts to its regular price of $10.99 per month. While you can download the Showtime app to your supported device to watch movies and TV shows on Showtime, there is also the option to sign up for Showtime through the following streaming services: Hulu, AT&T TV, Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and Amazon Prime.
Below is the price of Showtime on those streaming sevices:
- Price of Showtime on Hulu: $10.99
- Price of Showtime on AT&T TV: $10.99
- Price of Showtime on Sling TV: $10.99
- Price of Showtime on YouTube TV: $10.99
- Price of Showtime on Amazon Prime Video: $10.99
You can Also Subscribe to Showtime through the Roku Channel and Apple TV+.
The Showtime App
Once you sign up for Showtime you can watch by downloading the Showtime App to one of the supported devices below:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android TV
- iPhone/iPad (9.0+)
- Android Phone/Tablet (4.4+)
- Web Browsers
- Samsung Smart TV (2015+)
- LG Smart TV
The Showtime app requires an internet connection and recommends a consistent download speed of 5 Mbps for best quality.
Download From Showtime
You can download movies and TV show episodes from showtime to watch later even when you are offline. You can download shows on up to 5 different devices at a time. On each device, SHOWTIME has a download limit of 15 titles at a time.
Showtime on Other Streaming Services
If you have any of the services below, you can add it through their interface instead of getting the Showtime app.
Showtime on Hulu
Showtime on Hulu Cost: $10.99 per month
If you have Hulu Live TV or Standard Hulu you can add Showtime through your Hulu Account following the instructions below.
- Visit your Account page
- Select Manage under Add-ons to adjust your subscription settings
- To switch your plan, select On/Off next to the plan you want to switch to (for example, No Commercials or Hulu with Live TV). Or, select Add this/Remove this next to the Feature Add-on or Premium Network (HBO, SHOWTIME, Cinemax) you want to add to your plan.
- Confirm your choices by selecting Continue
Check out our full review of Hulu for more details.
Showtime on Fubo TV
Showtime on FuboTV Cost: $10.99 per month
To add Showtime to your FuboTV account follow the instructions below:
- From the “My Account” screen select “Manage Add-Ons“
- Click the + beside the Add-On you would like to add or click the checkmark to remove an Add-On.
- Review your changes to see if there will be any immediate charge to make the change, then click “Update Subscription”
- Confirm your subscription change by clicking “YES, UPDATE MY SUBSCRIPTION.”
Showtime On Sling TV
Showtime on Sling Cost: $10.99 per month
Sling TV now offers a Showtime Add-On package that provides access to Showtime and Encore. The Showtime Add-on pack is available to both Sling Blue and Orange customers for just $11 per month.
You can check my full review of Sling TV for more details. If you aren’t a Sling TV subscriber, you can sign up for their new sign-up promotion, and check out Showtime along with everything else Sling TV has to offer.
Here are the instructions to add Showtime to your existing account:
- Start by signing in to your Sling TV account here
- Click “CHANGE SUBSCRIPTION”
- Click the “+SELECT” button next to “Showtime”
- Then Click “Submit Order” and Showtime will be added to your service.
Showtime on Amazon Prime
Showtime on Prime Cost: $10.99 per month
Amazon Prime is now offering Showtime as an add-on package for 8.99 per month. This is part of their “Streaming Partners Program” and no cable TV subscription is necessary. While Showtime is already available to cord cutters, this is big news for those looking to watch Showtime and have an Amazon Prime subscription.
I have long thought Amazon Prime was a better cord cutting solution for a back catalog of movies and TV shows. The addition of Showtime makes Amazon Prime a great candidate to replace Netflix for those looking to consolidate streaming services.
If you do not already have Amazon Prime, you can sign up here for a 30-day free trial. During the trial, you can try both Showtime and Showtime free for 7 days. You can add the additional subscription package through your Amazon Prime channel on Roku and Amazon Fire TV, or sign up through your account on their website.
Showtime on YouTube TV
Showtime on YouTube TV Cost: $10.99 per month
You can add Showtime by logging into your YouTube TV account and going to “Settings” then “Membership” to add a Showtime Subscription to YouTube TV
Showtime on AT&T TV
Showtime on AT&T TV Cost: $10.99 per month
You can also add Showtime through your AT&T TV service by following the instructions below:
- Sign in to your AT&T TV.
- Select the icon in the upper right to open Settings.
- Go to your User Account.
- Select Manage My Plan to view available packages and premium channels. Your current plan will be highlighted.
- Make your desired updates and Accept Changes to save.
Showtime on Roku Channel
Showtime on Roku Channel: $10.99 per month
Subscribe to Showtime on the Roku Channel by following the steps below:
- Locate and launch The Roku Channel
- Launch the SHOWTIME channel under ‘Browse Premium Subscriptions’
- Press ‘OK’ to start your free trial
After opening the channel, follow the on-screen instructions to start a free trial and create your SHOWTIME account.
What’s On Showtime
Fans of Showtime Originals like “Homeland” and “Ray Donavan” no longer need to hang on to their cable TV subscriptions. Showtime has made all episodes from every season available to their subscribers. My wife and I have already started binge-watching the last season of “Homeland,” and I’m blazing through episodes of “Shameless.”
Not only can you watch these shows whenever you want, but Showtime also provides live feeds from both the East and West coast. Therefore, you will also have access to any Showtime specials live events. You’ll also get a fresh slate of New Movies To Watch on Showtime every month.
For information on watching other TV channels online check out: How To Stream Specific TV Channels
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.