Dennis and Joel discuss how the Pay TV industry uses cable TV boxes to hide the total cost of having pay TV. They also cover cable companies use shady tactics to obscure the facts, like funding “academic” papers. Dennis will break down the actual cost of those “low cost” cable TV plans.
- Survey to providers shows average customer has 2.6 cable boxes at $7.43 for $231.82 a year http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/07/cable-tv-box-rental-fees-cost-average-household-232-a-year/
- Shill trying to rebut the survey with his own data http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/technology/276969-the-obama-administration-is-misleading-consumers-on-set-top-box
- Here is the evidence on why the Phoenix Center is shilling for the pay-TV industry http://www.teletruth.org/FTCspeakercorporateties.htm
Dennis and Joel also discuss the FCCs plan to end these shenanigans.
Please Subscribe to The Show in iTunes, Stitcher, or your Podcast App.
Please rate and review the show in iTunes. If you want to send us questions or comments please use any of the methods below.
For more information on cutting the cord visit – https://www.groundedreason.com
Call and leave a question or comment for the show: 650-TALK-GRP
Email us at email@example.com
Tweet us @GroundedReason
How To Listen
The preferred way to listen to the Grounded Reason Podcast is through iTunes. iTunes is the king of podcast distribution. If you can, please listen through the iTunes method below. If you liked the show, please give it a good review. It will really help me out as it will raise the visibility of the podcast in iTunes search.
iTunes (preferred way)
If you are on an iPhone, iPad or on a computer with iTunes installed, simply click the button below and the shows podcast listing will open in iTunes. It’s the easiest way to listen and it’s totally free.
If you don’t have iTunes then Stitcher may be the way you listen to podcasts. If so then you can get to the Grounded Reason Podcast Page on Stitcher by clicking this link.
If you are using a podcast client then you just need to add the shows RSS link which is “http://groundedreason.libsyn.com/rss”.
If you have iTunes, it would really help the podcast rankings if you used it to listen to the podcast. However, if you do not have it you can listen to the show in your browser below.
Support The Show
Thanks for everyone out there for reading the blog and listening. If you enjoy the show please support us by subscribing in iTunes and leaving a good review on iTunes. There are other ways to listen and they are explained below. However, using iTunes, increases the shows audience in iTunes which boosts the shows rankings in iTunes. Since iTunes has the biggest podcast directory following the steps below is the best way to grow the audience and support the show. Thanks for your support.
To leave a review, subscribe, and listen in iTunes do the following:
- Click this link. It will take you to the “Grounded Reason Podcast” Listing Page.
- Please click “Subscribe”
- Click on “Reviews” or “Ratings and Reviews” (It varies by device)
- It will ask you to Log into iTunes store if you already aren’t. If you aren’t on an iPhone or iPad you may have to click “Write a Review”
- From there, you can click on the stars to rate the podcast, and choose a title. The title is required for the review to be logged.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.