Come From Away is a Tony-nominated Broadway musical based on the true story of the small town of Gander, Newfoundland, Canada, that welcomed over 7000 stranded travelers during the air traffic shut down of 2001 due to the September 11th attacks on The World Trade Center. Subscribers to Apple TV+ can watch a filmed version of the Boadway show through the streaming service. The production includes original members from the cast and is directed by Tony Award winner Christopher Ashley who directed the original Broadway production. The show is full of both laughter and tears you won’t want to miss.
- Where Can You Watch Come From Away: Come From Away is exclusively streaming on Apple TV+ (1-week-free-trial) begining Friday September 10th 2021
How To Watch Come From Away
You don’t have to travel to New York to watch Come From Away. You can watch it at home as it’s exclusively streaming on the Apple TV+ streaming service. (Apple TV Plus shouldn’t be confused with the Apple TV streaming device) The service costs $4.99 per month after a 7-day free trial. There is no long-term commitment, and you can cancel at any time. You may be worried if you don’t have an Apple device, but fear not. The Apple TV+ app is supported on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and iPod Touch, Samsung Smart TVs, LG Smart TVs, VIZIO Smart TVs, Sony Smart TVs, and more. For more information on this streaming service, check out our review of Apple TV+.
About Come From Away
“Come From Away” tells the story of 7,000 people stranded in the small town of Gander, Newfoundland after all flights into the US are grounded on September 11, 2001. As the people of Newfoundland graciously welcome the “come from aways” into their community in the aftermath, the passengers and locals alike process what’s happened while finding love, laughter and new hope in the unlikely and lasting bonds that they forge.
The live performance of “Come From Away” was filmed this past May at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater in New York City, where the Broadway production is staged, for an audience that included 9/11 survivors and front-line workers; and employed over 200 people including members of the Broadway crew, staff and creative teams.
The cast starring in the live filmed production includes:
- Petrina Bromley (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “The Sound of Music”) as Bonnie and others.
- Jenn Colella (original cast member and Tony Award nominee for “Come From Away,” “If/Then”) as Beverley/Annette and others.
- De’Lon Grant (National tour for “Jersey Boys”) as Bob and others.
- Joel Hatch (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Billy Elliot,” “Annie”) as Claude and others.
- Tony LePage (“Rock of Ages”) as Kevin T. and others.
- Caesar Samayoa (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Sister Act,” “The Peewee Herman Show”) as Kevin J./Ali and others.
- Q. Smith (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Mary Poppins,” “Les Misérables”) as Hannah and others.
- Astrid Van Wieren (original cast member and Dora award nominee for “Come From Away”) as Beulah and others.
- Emily Walton (“Peter and the Starcatcher,” “August: Osage County”) as Janice and others.
- Jim Walton (“Sunset Boulevard,” “The Music Man”) as Nick/Doug and others
- Sharon Wheatley (original cast member of “Come From Away,” “Avenue Q,” “Les Misérables,” “Cats” and “The Phantom of the Opera”) as Diane and others.
- Paul Whitty (“Once,” “Gettin’ the Band Back Together,” “Amélie,” “The Full Monty”) as Oz and others.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.