In the ’90s, one of the best “space westerns” ever conceived was released. The anime Cowboy Bebop perfectly fused sci-fi, western, pulp fiction, noir, cyber-punk, and seasoned them all with a hefty dash of comedy. The show is set in the year 2071. The Earth is now uninhabitable, and humans have colonized most moons and planets in the solar system. With civilization spread far and wide, crime has risen to a rate where the Inter Solar System Police (ISSP) has to set up a legalized contract system where bounty hunters, known as “Cowboys,” are hired to bring in known criminals. Cowboy Bebop follows a crew of these bounty hunters aboard a ship named “Bebop” as they face the demons of their pasts while hunting dangerous fugitives. With the live-action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop coming to Netflix on November 19th, many fans are looking to catch up on the original series. Read on to learn how you can watch every episode of the Cowboy Bebop anime online.
- Where To Watch the Cowboy Bebop anime: Available on Funimation (14-day free trial) and Hulu’s streaming library (free trial)
- Number of Episodes: Cowboy Bebop consists of 26 episodes, While the show recieved unanimous acclaim, Cowboy Bebop, only lasted 1 season. The shows director Shinichiro Watanabe wanted the show to tell a story and have a definitive ending without dragging on. He accomplished this in one season.
- Subbed/Dubbed: All episodes are available on Funimation in english subtitles and dubbed
Where You Stream Cowboy Bebop Free
Both streaming services that carry Cowboy Bebop offer free trials long enough to watch the entire 26 episode run of Cowboy Bebop for free. We summarize both of those services below.
Cowboy Bebop is on Funimation
Cowboy Bebop is currently only available on the Funimation streaming service. You can watch all 26 episodes of the first season free in Japanese with English subtitles. Funimation has a great English dub of Cowboy Bebop, but you need to sign up for a premium account to see all the episodes dubbed. There is a 14-day free trial which is plenty of time to watch the entire series. Note that this is a new series so, a little less than half of the first season is finished dubbing.
If you cancel within your trial, you won’t be billed. After the free trial, the service starts at $5.99 per month, but you can cancel at any time. You can watch on the web, on mobile, or on your streaming device. The Funimation App is supported on the following devices:
Streaming Devices: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast
Mobile: Android, iOS, and Amazon Kindle.
Smart TV: Roku TVs, Amazon Fire TV’s Samsung smart TV, LG smart TV.
Gaming consoles: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
For more information, see our review of the Funimation.
Cowboy Bebop is On Hulu
The 1st season of Cowboy Bebop is available through Hulu On-Demand. All episodes are currently subtitled and dubbed in English. Hulu’s On-demand streaming library starts at $6.99/month. That plan shows limited ads, but Hulu offers an ad-free version for $12.99 per month. When subscribing to Hulu On-Demand, there is no contractual obligation. Cancel any time at no additional cost. Features include:
- Hulu Watch Party lets Hulu subscribers watch movies and shows together from different locations.
- Watch Hulu Originals like The Handmaid’s Tale, Shrill, and The Act.
- Watch the current season of popular shows like Cowboy Bebop and more.
- Watch on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS, Android, and more
Hulu offers a 30-day free trial, which is plenty of time to watch all 4 seasons of Cowboy Bebop. You can also bundle Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. All three are only $13.99 per month! Check out our review of Hulu’s Streaming Library for more information.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.