Latest posts by Dennis Restauro (see all)
- Verizon Fios Let’s You Combine Internet and Streaming TV - 2020-01-15
- Watch CNN Online without Cable TV - 2020-01-14
- Watch Disney Channel Online without Cable - 2020-01-09
Congratulations Kevin. Be sure to let us all know how the Leaf worked out for you. Kevin’s Facebook account was drawn as the winner on 1/3/2015. The original selection (a Google+ account) was notified on 1/1/2015 at 12:00 pm EST, but failed to respond within 48 hours.
I wanted to thank everyone who liked, followed, and subscribed during this giveaway and hope you enjoy the content at Grounded Reason. I invite comments, ideas and interaction on the website and all social pages. I want Grounded Reason to be as much yours as it is mine.
Giveaway Drawing Details
For those of you wondering how the drawing for the Mohu Leaf 30 was conducted here are the methods I used to pick the winner.
1. I exported Grounded Reason email subscriptions into a spreadsheet.
2. I then used a few scripts I wrote to extract page likes and followers from Grounded Reason’s Facebook, Google+, and Twitter pages. Those were also added to the spreadsheet with the email addresses.
3. Each entry in the spreadsheet has a unique row number with a single account from either the email subscribers, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or Twitter. I manually verified the information in the spreadsheet to ensure the scripts worked.
4. At precisely 12:00 pm on 1/1/2015 I finalized the spreadsheet and used the random number generator at http://www.random.org/integers/ to generate a random number between 1 and the total number of subscribers, page likes and followers.
5. That number corresponds to a row in the spreadsheet. The account in that row wins the giveaway.
6. I then notified the winner through that account.
If you have any questions you can leave a comment or email me at [email protected]. Thanks again for being a part of Grounded Reason. Based on participation I plan on doing similar giveaways in the future.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It's designed as a guide to our most important articles to help you ditch pay TV.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.
Disney is offering an amazing deal combining Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ for just $12.99 per month! For more on the new Disney streaming service, check out our ultimate guide to Disney+
Verizon Fios now lets you combine Internet with Youtube TV and get up to a $100 prepaid Visa!
Disclosure: Grounded Reason is supported by a small commission for purchases made through some product links on this website. We do not accept compensation from companies attempting to sway our review of products.