Latest posts by Dennis Restauro (see all)
- Three Ways to get a Year of Disney+ through Verizon - 2019-12-05
- What is ESPN+ (ESPN Plus) and How to Watch It - 2019-12-04
- A Review of Hulu Live TV Channels, Plans, and Price - 2019-12-04
As of October 8th, 2019, Hulu subscribers can download moves and TV shows to their mobile devices to watch offline. The initial rollout is on iOS devices. However, an update will provide this functionality on Android mobile devices soon.
How To Download Shows from Hulu
Also, be sure to update the Hulu app on your mobile app to the latest version. Then, follow these steps to download content from Hulu:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network, or enable cellular downloading (Downloads > Settings > Toggle cellular downloads on/off)
- Go to Search in the navigation bar.
- Tap Downloadable from the menu
- Browse through the collections
- Select the movie or show you’d like to download
- For movies, press the Download button from the Details page
- For TV shows, select the Episodes tab to find downloadable episodes. If an episode is available for offline viewing, tap the Download icon next to it.
- Go to Downloads from the global navigation bar to monitor downloads in progress
You can also use the Search to look for the title of a TV show or movie. Please note the ability to download varies from title to title.
Devices that Support Downloading from Hulu
The following iOS devices are supported if they have iOS 11 or higher installed:
- iPhone 5S or later
- iPad 5th generation or later (iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and iPad mini 2, 3 and 4)
- iPod Touch 6th generation
Download Limits and Expirations
Only shows and movies available in Hulu’s streaming library are available for download. Not everything in Hulu’s library is available for download due to licensing agreements with various content providers. Also, add-on premium content and ad-supported content from Hulu Live TV are not available for download.
Subscribers can download up to 25 TV show episodes and movies per account at a time. If you already have 25 items downloaded, then you will need to delete a few to make room.
Per account, you can have downloaded content on up to five mobile devices at one time. Once you have downloaded content on five different devices, you will need to delete ALL the downloaded Hulu Content from a device before downloading it on a new device.
Unwatched downloads will stay on a device for 30 days or until a movie or episode leaves Hulu streaming library. Once you start watching a downloaded show, you’ll have 48 hours to finish watching before the download expires. It’s possible to renew downloads if they are still available in Hulu’s library.
Watching Downloaded Content from Hulu
Watch any of your downloaded content by opening your Hulu app and going to the “Download” menu. All your downloaded content will appear there, regardless of the profile used to download. However, users can filter based on profiles.
If you currently aren’t a Hulu subscriber, you can sign up here to try their service.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It's designed as a guide to our most important articles to help you ditch pay TV.
Right now, there are three ways to get an entire year of Disney+ through Verizon!!! Check out this Amazing Offer!
Disclosure: Grounded Reason is supported by a small commission for purchases made through some product links on this website. We do not accept compensation from companies attempting to sway our review of products.