- Where To Watch Jujutsu Kaisen: Available on Crunchyroll free with ads, and ad-free for Crunchyroll Premium subscribers (14-day free trial). The show is also available on HBO Max
- When Did Jujutsu Kaisen premier: The first episode of season 1 was released on October 3, 2020.
- Number of Episodes: 24, The first season completed on March 27, 2021.
- Subbed/Dubbed: All 24 episodes are available in subtitles and dubbed
- Info on Season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen: Considering the Jujutsu Kaisen Manga is still going we can expect a season 2. However, there hasn’t been an official announcement.
- Upcoming Jujutsu Kaisen Movie: At the end of the first season the show’s creators announced a prequel film called “Jujutsu Kaisen 0.” The film is scheduled to release on December 24, 2021
What is Jujutsu Kaisen About
Jujutsu Kaisen is about a high school student named Yuji Itadori, who, while naturally athletic, doesn’t seem interested in the time commitment to join the track team. Instead, he opts for the school Occult Club which has a more voluntary attendance policy. However, after eating a cursed finger, Itadori becomes possessed by Ryomen Sukuna (also known as the “King of Curses.” To learn how to fight curses, Itadori must learn about the world of Jujutsu, which is a mystic art, spells, and skills dealing with cursed energy. To learn more about the energy he’s cursed with, Itadori attends the Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School. He is teamed up with two other first-year students, Fushiguro and Kugisaki. The three are trained by Satoru Gojo, a powerful Jujutsu sorcerer, and are routinely sent out on missions dealing with curses.
While the plot of Jujutsu Kaisen follows some common anime themes, like the student-teacher dynamic and distinct signature abilities of characters, the show manages to break the mold by using time hops to account for the progress of characters in the universe. This keeps the narrative arc of the series moving at a quick pace without sacrificing world-building. The show trusts its audience to keep up without being led by the hand. Another strength of the series is that no character seems immune to death, so the show takes an emotional toll on you. You’ve been warned.
Where To Watch Jujutsu Kaisen
Currently, you can watch Jujutsu Kaisen on two streaming services Crunchyroll and HBO Max. All 24 episodes are available on both services.
Crunchyroll Has Every Episode of Jujutsu Kaisen Free
Crunchyroll streams all episodes of “Jujutsu Kaisen,” and they are free to watch. You have to watch in standard definition, and there are ads, but it’s free. Upgrading to a premium subscription will let you watch with no ads, and you can watch in HD. The premium subscription costs $7.99/month after the 14-day free trial. Furthermore, once an episode airs in Japan, that episode is available one hour later for premium subscribers. While season 1 is complete, these features will be handy when more episodes roll out. All episodes are available subbed, with dubbed versions in English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese. Check out our review of Crunchyroll for more information on this streaming service.
Jujutsu Kaisen on HBO Max
HBO Max also has all episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen season 1 available for streaming. HBO Max doesn’t only air HBO, but content from WarnerMedia and other sources. Content on HBO Max includes:
- A selection of acquired series and movies (Jujutsu Kaisen, Rick and Morty, and South Park are notable examples)
- All of HBO
- An exclusive collection of new HBO Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park being a notable example)
HBO-Max offers two subscription tiers, an ad-supported plan for $9.99 per month and an ad-free plan for $14.99 per month. You can sign up here. HBO Max is supported on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and more. See our review of HBO Max for more information on this streaming service.=
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.