King Star King!/!/!/, premiering on Monday, February 13, is the new TV special sequel to the 2014 Adult Swim series King Star King. The special is set at Christmas time and catches up with the titular character on his adventures to save his love, Princess Snow White. In the original series, King Star King was kicked out of a heavenly plane among the gods to serve as a fry cook in a run-down waffle house. This article will explain how you can watch King Star King!/!/!/ as it airs and on-demand even if you don’t have cable, as well as how to watch the original series.
- When Does it Premiere: King Star King!/!/!/ premieres on Monday, February 13.
- Where: King Star King!/!/!/ airs on Adult Swim.
- Best Way to Stream Live: DIRECTV STREAM provides Adult Swim live and has a 5-day free trial, Hulu Live TV, Sling, and YouTube TV (Free Trial) offer access to Adult Swim live streaming as well.
- How to Watch the Series King Star King: The original King Star King is available to stream on AdultSwim.com or the Adult Swim app.
Where To Watch King Star King!/!/!/
DIRECTV STREAM, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, and YouTube TV carry Adult Swim so you will be able to watch King Star King!/!/!/ live when it airs. Below is information on these services and a link to my review of each for more in-depth information.
Hulu Live TV has Adult Swim in their channel lineup so that you can watch new episodes as Adult Swim’s on-demand offering is available through Hulu Live TV, as well as specials like King Star King!/!/!/. The Live TV service is $76.99/month. The subscription includes a subscription to Disney+ and ESPN+, as well as the entire Hulu streaming library. If you are curious about all the channels Hulu Live TV offers in your area, including Adult Swim, you can use this tool on Hulu’s Website: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code. Check out our review of Hulu Live TV for more information.
DIRECTV STREAM offers Adult Swim channel in their “Entertainment” channel plan for a price of $79.99 per month with other plans available. This will provide access to King Star King!/!/!/, and the streaming service is an accepted TV provider to unlock the Adult Swim app. The service supports Apple TV, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and most modern web browsers. There is no contract when signing up for their free trial. (see review)
YouTube TV also offers live Adult Swim so you can watch King Star King!/!/!/ when it airs. In addition to Adult Swim, and numerous other channels, YouTube TV includes a Personal Cloud DVR and YouTube Red original series. All this costs subscribers just $72.99 per month for six accounts. YouTube TV supports Roku, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. (see review)
Sling also carries Adult Swim, and is a more price-conscious option. Adult Swim is in its “Blue” or “Orange” package, which is $40 a month. Sling TV provides a live stream of Adult Swim so you are able to watch exactly what would be airing on Adult Swim just as if you had cable. It includes a Cloud DVR program so that you can record shows for later. Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and more, so it’s not a problem to enjoy History on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices. (see review)
Watch King Star King!/!/!/ on The Adult Swim App
To stream Adult Swim through the Adult Swim app, you have to enter your TV provider credentials. Most think you need a cable provider login to utilize the Adult Swim app, but that isn’t the case. Currently, Hulu Live TV and DIRECTV STREAM accounts will work to unlock the Adult Swim app.
You can even download the Adult Swim app on your Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV and watch on your television using your Hulu Live TV or DIRECTV STREAM credentials. There are detailed instructions in the next section on installing and activating the Adult Swim Go app on your streaming device.
How To Watch on Your Device
For our example, let’s assume we have a Hulu Live TV subscription and a Roku. We can follow the steps below to get the Adult Swim app working on our device. While the steps below use Hulu Live TV and Roku to watch Adult Swim, most streaming services and devices will have the same process.
- Get a free trial to Hulu Live TV
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.”
- Search for Adult Swim Channel
- Add the Adult Swim app to your device and then open it.
- Your Roku device will then show you an activation code and a URL.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, you go to the URL.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. Enter the username and password you use for your Hulu Live TV account.
- Once you sign in on Adult Swim’s website, your TV screen will refresh. You should now have access to the King Star King!/!/!/ episodes available through the Adult Swim app
Supported Streaming Devices
The Adult Swim Go App is supported on all of the following streaming devices:
- Android Devices
- iOS Devices
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- and more
Stream the Original Series of King Star King
The original 7-episode season of King Star King is available to stream directly online for free via AdultSwim.com.