Live coverage of the 2022 Kentucky Derby will air on May 7th starting at 2:30 PM ET on NBC. You can also stream the Derby live on the NBC Sports app. Post time on Saturday for the 2022 Kentucky Derby is set for 6:57 p.m. ET. This article will tell you how to live stream the 148th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs.
- How To Stream The Kentucky Derby Live and Free: You Can Watch The Kentucky Derby and coverage Live on NBC using one of the following services
What Time Is The Kentucky Derby: The Kentucky Derby is Saturday, May 7th, 2022. Coverage starts at 2:30 PM eastern time with the Kentucky Derby post time scheduled for 6:57 p.m. ET
How To Watch the Kentucky Derby Free
The Kentucky Derby will air on NBC. However, you can stream the Kentucky Derby live and all coverage leading up to the race with the NBC Sports App if you have a subscription to a streaming service that carries NBC. A few of those streaming services provide a free trial. You can use your trial account and watch the Kentucky Derby and all of today’s races by following the steps below.
- Use a Free Trial to a Service that carries NBC. Those are:
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.” But you can download the NBC Sports app on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more.
- Search for the NBC Sports app
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- You can link your TV Provider to unlock all NBC Sports Content through the Settings menu or by attempting to watch any “locked” content. You will be provided with an alpha-numeric code.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, you go to https://www.nbcsports.com/activate and enter the code you received.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. For example, if you subscribe to fuboTV, select “fuboTV,” then enter your login and password for fuboTV.
- Once you sign in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute. You should now have access to watch all of today’s races, The Kentucky Derby.
Streaming Services You Can Use To Watch The Kentucky Derby
All the streaming services below carry NBC, so you can watch the Kentucky Derby. You can also use your account credentials from each service to unlock all the horse racing available on the NBC Sports App. You can also just stream the Kentucky Derby on NBC with the streaming services app
Peacock will stream the Kentucky Derby and all the day’s coverage live on its premium plan for $4.99 per month. There isn’t a commitment so you can cancel at any time.
You can stream Peacock’s Kentucky Derby coverage on your TV or mobile device. The streaming service supports Roku, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple T.V. 4K and Apple T.V. HD, Xbox One S and Xbox One X, Playstation 4, Android devices, Android TV, Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in, Xfinity Flex 4K and Amazon Fire TV or Fire Sticks. Follow these steps to install Peacock on your device:
- Subscribe to a Peacock using this Link.
- “Search” your devices app store or channel store for “Peacock”
- Select the streaming service and press “OK.”, “Install” or “Download” depending on your device
- Peacock is now installed on your Roku. Open Peacock, and log in with the credentials you used to subscribe to the service. Search for “Kentucky Derby” and watch.
If you need more information, see our review of Peacock for more details.
fuboTV offers over 100 live channels, including NBC. They offer a 1-week free trial, which you can cancel within the trial period and not be charged. Your account credentials can be used to link your TV provider to the NBC Sports app. Between the app and the live TV channels, you can watch all Kentucky Derby events at the 2022 Winter Games. If you stay on after the trial, the cost is $74.99. You can cancel at any time.
The service supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and more. The price includes a cloud DVR and the ability to stream on 3 devices at once. (see our review of FuboTV)
DIRECTV STREAM offers over 65 channels, including NBC in their “Entertainment” plan for a price of $69.99 per month. In addition to the channels airing The Kentucky Derby, your DIRECTV STREAM account will unlock access to the NBC Sports App, providing you with access to tons of live sports.
DIRECTV’s stand-out feature allows you to stream the service on up to 20 devices simultaneously with just one account. The service supports Apple TV, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and most modern web browsers. DIRECTV STREAM lets you try their service with a 5-day free trial. (see our review of DIRECTV STREAM)
Hulu Live TV
Hulu not only offers its on-demand service but live-streaming as well. Like other services, they offer NBC in specific markets and cable TV and other broadcast networks. To see if live NBC is available in your area, you can use this tool: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code.
Hulu offers NBC so you can watch The Kentucky Derby. Hulu + Live TV is supported on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, and more. You can read more about Hulu in our review of Hulu. There isn’t a month-to-month contract, so you can sign up to test the service without fear of a long-term commitment. You can sign up for Hulu Live TV using this link: Sign up for Hulu + Live TV.
YouTube TV offers NBC in its lineup. They provide three simultaneous streams and a personal cloud DVR. This comes with a price tag of $64.99 per month. YouTube TV supports Fire TV, Android, iOS (includes airplay to Apple TV), and Chromecasts/Chromecast-compatible TVs. YouTube TV offers a free trial with no long-term commitment. (see our review of YouTube TV)
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.