The 2022 FIA Formula 1 (F1) season is headed to the United Arab Emirates for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. If you live in the United States, you can stream this race and every F1 race this season! Read on to learn how to watch and see the live stream schedule for the 2022 Formula 1 season.
How To Watch Every Formula 1 Race: All races for the 2022 season will air live on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 or ABC each week (Schedule below). The services below carry all those networks and have a free trial.
How To Watch The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is Sunday, November 20th at 7:55 AM ET on ESPN2. The Race will also stream through ESPN+. See how to watch ESPN+ for more information. If you want to watch the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix practice and qualifying events you will need access to ESPN2, ESPNEWS, and ESPN3. Those channels are available on DIRECTV STREAM (5-day free trial,) and YouTube TV (1-week free trial.) Additional coverage may be available by accessing ESPN3 and ESPN+ through the ESPN app by linking your streaming service account in the ESPN App. Hulu Live TV and fuboTV also provide access to these channels but don’t offer a free trial.
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
|Practice 1||Friday, November 18||4:55 AM||ESPN2|
|Practice 2||Saturday, November 18||7:55 AM||ESPNews|
|Practice 3||Saturday, November 19||5:25 AM||ESPN2|
|Qualifying||Saturday, November 19||8:55 AM||ESPN3/ESPNews|
|Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Sunday, November 20||7:55 AM||ESPN2/ESPN+|
Watching F1 Events on the ESPN app
ESPN3 along with all ESPN branded channels are available through the ESPN app. Below I list the steps to install the ESPN app and watch ESPN3. Before following the steps, you will need to have your TV provider credentials handy (your username and password from DIRECTV STREAM, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, and fuboTV will work). Here are the steps:
- Go to the channel store on your device (For example, in Roku, it’s “The Channel Store.”)
- Search for the ESPN app, and add it to your device.
- Open the app, and click the setting gear from the top right of the menu.
- Then select “Account Information” and then “TV Provider.”
- Your Roku device will provide an activation code and the URL https://espn.com/active.
- Using a web browser on your laptop or mobile device, go to https://espn.com/active and enter the supplied code.
- You will then be asked for the TV provider you signed up for that has ESPN. You will then log into the service using the credentials from the TV streaming service you are subscribed to.
- Once you successfully log in, The ESPN App screen will refresh and list your TV provider.
- The ESPN app is now set up. In the ESPN app, you should be able to go to “Browse,” then “Channels” and watch any channels listed that your TV streaming service provides.
How To Watch Formula 1 Live All Season
There are a few ways to watch F1 weekly Grand Prix races. In the US, races will air on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. You can also stream the race through F1 TV with an F1 TV Pro subscription. F1 TV can be accessed both in and outside the US. Here are all your options for watching the weekly Formula 1 races.
You can watch F1 races on ABC and ESPN with DIRECTV STREAM’s “Entertainment” package for $69.99 per month. If you upgrade to their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month, you will have access to ESPN2. Check out our review of DIRECTV STREAM for information on all the channels available through the service.
All DIRECTV STREAM plans include:
- the ability to watch on 20 devices at the same time
- a cloud-based DVR
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
Watch with this 5-day free trial.
FuboTV is an excellent place to watch Formula 1 racing every week. In addition to carrying ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3 they also provide over 90 channels in their Pro Plan for $69.99 (after a 7-day free trial).
Below are features included with the FuboTV package:
- ESPN2 and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV.
Hulu Live TV
Most cord cutters are familiar with Hulu’s On-Demand service. However, they also offer a live TV service that includes ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2, so you can watch every race for $69.99/month.
Hulu’s basic Live TV package includes a cloud DVR along with Hulu’s on-demand streaming library. The service is available on Android, iOS, Xbox One, 4th Gen Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV and stick.
If you are curious about all the channels Hulu Live TV offers in your area, including ESPN, you can use this tool on Hulu’s Website: Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code.
Check out our review of Hulu Live TV for more information.
Another streaming service that offers ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 is YouTube TV. They provide those channels and more for a cost of $64.99 per month.
A subscription to YouTube TV includes the following:
- access to ESPN, ESPN2, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies.
- Includes YouTube TV on-demand
If you are a Formula 1 fan living in the US, you can watch every Formula 1 event of the 2022 season on F1 TV with an F1 TV Pro subscription. This provides race fans with the following access to the following Formula 1 race action live:
- Live stream every track session for all GPs
- Access all driver onboard cameras & team radios
- Live stream F1, F2, F3, and Porsche Supercup
An F1 TV Pro subscription also provides F1 fans in the US the following on-demand access:
- Full Race replays and highlights
- On-demand access to all F1 onboard cameras
- Watch all F1, F2, F3, Porsche Supercup replays
- F1’s historic race archive
F1 TV is available on Roku, Chromecast, Android, and iOS. The F1 TV app streams in 1080p HD at 50fps. You can sign up for an F1 Pro Account here. A subscription costs $9.99 per month with no commitment so that you can cancel any time. You can save a bit of money by signing up for an annual plan for $79.99.
If you don’t need to watch live, you can sign up for the F1 TV access plan for $2.99, but you will need to wait 2 days after the live event before watching on-demand.
Formula 1 2022 Race Schedule
F1 TV Pro fans can watch the F1 races event at any time on demand. However, they can also watch every race live.
(All times Eastern)
|11/20/2022||7:55 AM||Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||Yas Marina Circuit||United Arab Emirates|
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.