With One Piece Film: Red breaking box office records in Japan last year, here is a look at how to watch other films and shows in the popular anime series. One Piece Film: Red is the 15th feature film of the the series, based on the manga of the same name by Eiichiro Oda, the film revolves around a new female character named Uta. The films is now available on the anime streaming service Crunchyroll, where fans can also catch up on the TV anime series. There are over 1,000 episodes of One Piece streaming on Crunchyroll, with new episodes coming out as they air in Japan. There is also a new live-action adaptation on Netflix, which we will cover in another article.
Read on for more.
- Where to Watch: The series of One Piece (17 seasons) is available on Crunchyroll, which has both free and paid levels. In addition, most seasons, as well as 6 movies, are currently streaming on Netflix.
What is Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll is a leading international platform for fans of Japanese anime and manga. Crunchyroll offers hundreds of titles that are ad-free for the hardcore fan to get access to everything truly.
Crunchyroll carries over 1,000 titles and 30,000 episodes of anime and Japanese drama. While some licensing restrictions mean that not all programming is available worldwide, that’s still a substantial library accessed by millions of registered users to the popular site. Furthermore, Funimation is transitioning its content to Crunchyroll this year, making Crunchyroll the best choice for fans of anime. Check out our full review of Crunchyroll here.
How to Watch Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll offers both free and paid subscriptions. The paid tiers are referred to as “Crunchy Roll Premium” and offer a 14-day free trial of premium access. All service tiers stream in 1080p HD.
Free access to Crunchyroll is ad-supported and doesn’t include simulcasts or access to all of Crunchyroll’s anime and manga. You can also watch on only 1 device at a time. New episodes of shows on Crunchyroll will be available one week after the premiere.
Premium access to Crunchyroll is broken into three tiers, Fan, Mega Fan, and Ultimate Fan.
The Fan tier costs $7.99/month and provides the following:
- Get all streaming anime and Asian dramas available on Crunchyroll
- Simulcast from Japan will be available as soon as 1 hour after the Japanese broadcast
- all episodes are ad-free
- stream on one device at a time
The Mega Fan tier costs $9.99/month and provides the following:
- Everything in the Fan tier
- Offline Viewing
- stream on up to four devices at a time
- $15 off a $100 purchase in the Crunchyroll Store every three months
The Ultimate Fan tier costs $14.99/month and provides the following:
- Everything in the Mega Fan Tier
- stream on up to six devices at a time
- $25 off a $100 purchase in the Crunchyroll Store every three months
- Annual Ultimate Fan member swag bag
- Exclusive access to Ultimate Fan merchandise
You can sign up for any of these plans or enjoy Crunchyroll free by signing up here.
Watching One Piece on Netflix
With the Netflix Original One Piece live-action series coming out, the service now also carries the anime series and several movies. You can watch it there by subscribing to Netflix via one of the following plan options:
Also, check out our review of Netflix for more information on the service.
You can subscribe to any of the plans above and watch One Piece on Netflix through the Netflix Website with your web browser. You can also sign up and watch Netflix by downloading the Netflix App to any of the following supported devices: