Project Greenlight: A New Generation reinvents the critically acclaimed series from the early 2000s and focuses on giving the next generation of talented female filmmakers the chance to direct a feature film. Executive Producer Issa Rae along with Kumail Nanjiani and Gina Prince-Bythewood serve as mentors throughout the season, which pulls back the curtain on the filmmaking process from start to finish. The first season of the new series focuses on selected director Meko Winbush’s experience as she directs her first feature film, Gray Matter. Read on for how to watch Project Greenlight: A New Generation on Max.
- When Does it Premiere: Project Greenlight: A New Generation premieres on Thursday, July 13.
- When to Watch: New episodes of Project Greenlight: A New Generation air Thursdays.
- What Network: Project Greenlight: A New Generation will be available on Max. You can sign up here to watch.
Where to Watch Project Greenlight: A New Generation
Project Greenlight: A New Generation airs exclusively on Max (formerly HBO Max), which costs $15.99 per month for their ad-free plan and $9.99 per month for their ad-supported service (meaning a few commercials with every episode). You can sign up here. Max is supported on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and more. You can check out my review of Max for more details on this streaming service.
Max doesn’t only air HBO content, but content from WarnerMedia and other sources. Content on Max includes:
- A selection of acquired series and movies
- All of HBO
- An exclusive collection of new Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park being a notable example)