The Idol features Lily-Rose Depp as Jocelyn, a young pop star igniting her comeback after a nervous breakdown. Determined be the greatest and sexiest star in America, she goes in quest of love and status, becoming intrigued by nightclub impresario Tedros (Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye). Hopefully, her romantic entanglement will lead to greatness and not drag her down further. The show is created by the team behind HBO’s hit Euphoria, and the cast also includes Eli Roth, Dan Levy, Hank Azaria, Hari Nef, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Jane Adams, Mike Dean, Ramsey, and Suzanna Son. Read on for how to watch The Idol on HBO.
- When Does it Premiere: The Idol premieres on Sunday, June 4, at 9:00 p.m. ET.
- When to Watch: New episodes of The Idol air Mondays at 9:00 p.m. ET.
- What Network: The Idol will be available on HBO.
- Where to Watch: The Idol is available on-demand on Max. You can sign up here to watch.
Where to Watch The Idol
The Idol airs exclusively on HBO. The most flexible way to watch HBO is with Max, which costs $15.99 per month for their ad-free plan and $9.99 per month for their ad-supported service (meaning a few commercials with every episode). You can sign up here. Max is supported on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and more. You can check out my review of Max for more details on this streaming service.
Max doesn’t only air HBO but content from WarnerMedia and other sources. Content on Max includes:
- A selection of acquired series and movies
- All of HBO
- An exclusive collection of new Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park being a notable example)
Trailer for The Idol
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.