The 43rd Ryder Cup begins tomorrow as Team USA battles Team Europe at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin. Opening ceremonies kick off the event on Thursday, September 23, from 5 pm – 8 pm eastern time. Day 1 of the tournament is Friday, with play continuing until Sunday. Ryder Cup coverage will be on NBC’s Peacock streaming service, Golf Channel and NBC. This article will explain everything you need to know about watching The 2021 Ryder Cup without a cable TV subscription.
The Ryder Cup TV Schedule
The Ryder Cup will have TV coverage on NBC and Golf Channel. Peacock Premium subscribers can also stream the entire tournament. However, Peacock’s premium service will cost you $4.99 per month. It’s possible to watch The Ryder Cup for free using a 7-day free trial to Hulu Live TV, Fubo TV, or YouTube TV. Those services carry both Golf Channel and NBC. If you also want Featured Match coverage, it’s available on Peacocks free tier.
(All Times Eastern)
- Thursday, September 23
- Opening Ceremonies – 5-8 p.m. ET on Golf Channel
- Friday, September 24
- Day 1 Coverage: 8 a.m.-7 p.m. ET on Golf Channel and Peacock Premium
- Featured Matches Coverage: 8:20 a.m. – 6:25 p.m. ET on Peacock Free
- Saturday, September 25
- Day 2 Primary Lead-In: 8-9 a.m. on Golf Channel and Peacock Premium
- Day 2 Coverage: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock Premium
- Featured Matches Coverage: 8:20 a.m. – 6:25 p.m ET on Peacock Free
- Sunday, September 26
- Day 3 Coverage: 12-6 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock Premium
- Featured Matches Coverage: 12-5 p.m. ET on Peacock Free
Watching The Ryder Cup Free
To watch the Ryder Cup Free, grab one of the free trials below. Not only does each service have NBC and Golf Channel, but you can use your credentials for the streaming service to unlock Ryder Cup coverage on the NBC Sports app, letting you watch Ryder Cup coverage without switching between channels.
- Hulu Live TV– Provides Golf Channel and NBC with a 1-week free trial.
- YouTube TV – Provides Golf Channel and NBC with a 1-week trial.
- FuboTV – Provides Golf Channel and NBC. They offer a 1-week free trial.
Set Up NBC Sports App for The Ryder Cup
If you grab a trial offer for a streaming service that carries NBC and The Golf Channel, you can then use your account for that service to watch the Ryder Cup through the NBC Sports app. Here are the steps to set up NBC and Golf Channel on the NBC Sports App:
- Sign up for a free trial to Hulu Live TV for access to NBC and Golf Channel*
- After signing up, go to the channel store or app store on your device
- Search for the NBC Sports app (It’s supported on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and more)
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- Navigate to the Settings “Gear Icon” on the left of the screen and select “NBC Sports Sign in.”
- Your device will show you an activation code and the URL to Activate the NBC Sports app.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, navigate to the URL in step 6. On that page, select your device and enter the code. Select “Continue”
- On the next page, select “Hulu” from the “TV Provider” drop-down and select continue.
- On this page, Enter your username and password for Hulu and select “Login.”
- Once you sign-in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute or so. You should now have access to all the live, and on-demand content NBC and Golf Channel provides through the NBC Sports App.
- Hulu Live TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
Ryder Cup Featured Match Coverage
If you want to watch Featured Match coverage, it’s available with a free plan to Peacock.
Peacock Premium will carry the coverage available on NBC and Golf Channel except for the Opening Ceremonies on Thursday. There isn’t a free trial to Peacock Premium, so the $4.99 per month price tag will apply if you want to watch all the coverage through Peacock. You can signup for either plan on their website. They don’t require a long-term commitment, and you can cancel at any time.
You can stream Peacock’s Ryder Cup coverage on your TV or mobile device. The streaming service supports Roku, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, Xbox One S and Xbox One X, Playstation 4, Android devices, Android TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in, Xfinity Flex 4K. Follow these steps to install Peacock on your device:
- Subscribe to a Peacock using this Link.
- “Search” your devices app store or channel store for “Peacock”
- Select the streaming service and press “OK.”, “Install” or “Download” depending on your device
- Peacock is now installed on your Roku. Open Peacock, and log in with the credentials you used to subscribe to the service. Search for “Ryder Cup” and watch.
If you need more information, see our review of Peacock for more details.
Ryder Cup Rosters
Below are the Ryder Cup rosters for Team USA and Team Europe.
US ROSTER: Collin Morikawa (Rookie), Dustin Johnson (5th Ryder Cup), Bryson DeChambeau (2nd), Brooks Koepka (3rd), Justin Thomas (2nd), Patrick Cantlay (Rookie), Tony Finau (2nd), Xander Schauffele (Rookie), Jordan Spieth (4th), Harris English (Rookie), Daniel Berger (Rookie), Scottie Scheffler (Rookie).
EUROPE ROSTER: Jon Rahm (2nd), Tommy Fleetwood (2nd), Tyrrell Hatton (2nd), Bernd Wiesberger (Rookie), Rory McIlroy (6th), Viktor Hovland (Rookie), Paul Casey (5th), Matthew Fitzpatrick (2nd), Lee Westwood (11th), Shane Lowry (Rookie), Sergio Garcia (10th), Ian Poulter (7th).
Streaming Services Carrying Ryder Cup TV Coverage
Below are more details on the live TV streaming services that carry NBC and Golf Channel.
Hulu Live TV provides NBC and Golf Channel in their channel lineup. Golf Channel is available nationwide, and NBC is available in nearly every TV market. You can check your zip code on the following page to verify the channels you will receive Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code.
Hulu Live TV offers a signing up, so you can sign up for the trial, watch The Ryder Cup, and cancel your subscription before it’s over and not be charged. This essentially allows you to watch all of The Ryder Cup coverage free on both networks. If you decide to keep Hulu Live TV, you will be charged $69.99 per month after the trial. There is no contract, and you can cancel at any time.
Hulu Live TV is supported on Roku, Fire TV Devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, iOS, Android, and more. You’ll find more information on Hulu’s supported devices and everything else you would need to know in our full review of Hulu Live TV.
YouTube TV is similar to Hulu Live TV in that you can get access to Golf Channel and NBC with a 7-day free trial. However, if you forget to cancel, YouTube TV will cost you $64.99 per month. YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies. You can read our review of YouTube TV for more details.
FuboTV carries Golf Channel. NBC is also carried in many parts of the country, but not as many as Hulu Live TV or YouTube TV. You can see if NBC is available using this link. FuboTV offers a 7-day free trial, so you can watch The Ryder Cup for free. After the trial, The “Pro Plan” costs $74.99. However, you can downgrade your account to the “Standard Plan” for $59.99. Fubo TV is available on most major platforms, including Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV. You can sign up for fuboTV or check out our review of FuboTV for more details.
DIRECTV STREAM offers NBC in its “Entertainment” Package for $74.99 per month. However, Golf Channel is offered as part of their upgraded “Ultimate Package” package priced at $109.99 per month. To learn more about DIRECTV STREAM, check out their promo page or read more in our DIRECTV STREAM review.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.