The Justice League movie released in 2017 was vastly different than what fans expected. In 2013, after Man of Steel’s release, director Zack Snyder outlined a 5 film arc that would make up the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). Man of Steel would be followed by Batman V Superman and then a Justice League Trilogy. That first Justice League movie was supposed to build the world that other DC movies like Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984 would occur in.
Unfortunately, due to a family tragedy, the director Zack Snyder had to leave The Justice League’s production with the project about 90% complete. Avengers Director Joss Whedon stepped in, wrote about 80 additional pages, created new scenes, and only used about 10% of the footage originally shot by Zack Snyder. The result was a movie much lighter in tone with a quick pace and Whedon’s quippy dialogue all over the movie.
The Snyder Cut has a run time of just over 4 hours, double that of Whedon’s Justice League. Snyder’s Justice League spent much more time world-building, introduces new villains, involves The Joker and Lex Luthor, and sets the Aquaman Movie tone. While the film outline is the same, it’s a vastly different film.
How To Watch The Snyder Cut
The Snyder Cut will be available for you to stream through the HBO Max streaming service on Thursday, March 18th. The film releases at midnight PDT and 3 am EDT. All you need is a subscription to HBO Max and 4 hours and you, your friends, and family can all enjoy The Justice League as Zack Snyder intended.
A subscription to HBO Max costs $15.99 per month and is supported on the following devices:
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th generation and later)
- Computers (PC and Mac browsers)
- Apple iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Amazon Fire TV
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Samsung TVs (2016 and later)
- HBO Max is now supported on Roku
You can cancel the subscription at any time as there is no contract. The service includes the following:
- Everything you will find on HBO
- Warner Bros movies will be available to stream on HBO Max while they are released in theaters. This includes the entire Warner Bros 2021 slate of films.
- An exclusive collection of new HBO Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
For more information on this streaming service, check out our guide to HBO Max.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For the latest news tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to follow our Google News Feed, like our Facebook Page and Follow Us on Twitter.