Unexpected, a TV series following the journey of pregnant teen couples and their parents who raised them, airs on TLC. However, you don’t need cable to watch. Every episode, including new episodes from the latest season, is easily available to stream online.
- When Does it Air: New Episodes of Unexpected air Sundays at 10:00 p.m. ET on TLC.
- Best Ways to Watch New Episodes of Unexpected: Philo (7-day free trial) carries TLC, so you can stream Unexpected as it airs. Philo also has TLC’s on-demand, so you can watch every episode of Unexpected from this season and all past seasons of Unexpected.
- Another Way To Stream Unexpected: All five seasons of Unexpected are available on the Discovery+ streaming service. However, it does take a few days for new episodes to appear. The service offers a 7-day free trial and starts at $4.99 per month after that.
Read on for more information on where you can watch Unexpected even if you don’t have cable.
Where To Watch Unexpected
Unexpected is available live and on-demand if you have a TV provider that carries TLC in their channel lineup. However, you don’t need cable to watch it. The following streaming services will have every episode available on-demand: Philo, Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, DIRECTV STREAM, YouTube TV, Fubo TV, and Discovery+. Once you subscribe to the service, you download the streaming service’s app to your supported device (Roku, Fire TV, Smart TV, iPhone, Android device, etc.), and you can start streaming Unexpected.
Your most affordable option is Philo at $25 per month after a 7-day free trial. There is no commitment, and you can cancel at any time. You won’t be charged if you cancel during the free trial. Philo provides TLC and over 60 other channels, so you can watch season 5 of Unexpected and more. Philo also includes on-demand to watch past episodes and allows you to record shows and watch them later with their cloud DVR.
Philo is supported on Mac and PC on a web browser, Apple iPhone and iPad (running iOS 9 or newer), Android phones, and tablets (running 5.0 or later). They also support Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. If you want to watch the Unexpected now, take advantage of their free trial. For more information, see our full review of Philo.
Hulu Live TV
Hulu Live TV carries TLC so that you can watch Unexpected. Previously Hulu was known for its vast on-demand streaming library. However, they also offer Hulu Live TV service, including live TLC and most top channels typically found on cable. Hulu Live TV starts at $69.99 after signing up and includes the following features:
- Discovery and 60+ other channels, including local network channels.
- The price includes a subscription to ESPN+ and Disney+
- The basic package comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. (Upgrades available)
- Watch on 2 screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
- Supports iOS, Android, Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and more.
Not only will you be able to watch Unexpected, but you can record episodes of Unexpected and also watch on-demand. With Hulu Live TV, you can watch Unexpected on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more. See our review of Hulu for more information.
FuboTV is a streaming service that provides access to quite a few pay-TV channels. You get channels like TLC so you can watch Unexpected, along with episodes that the network makes available on-demand.
FuboTV is an excellent place to go for sports, but it offers many other more general channels as well, including TLC. Over 90 channels are provided in its Pro Plan for $69.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial).
Here are some of FuboTV’s features:
- TLC, MTV, and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch it on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Apple TV, and more.
SlingTV’s Blue package provides TLC and over 40 other channels for $35/month.
Sling TV provides a live stream of TLC so you can watch Unexpected, but also has older episodes available on-demand. A cloud DVR is included to record shows for later.
Sling TV is available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chrome TVs, and more, so it’s not a problem to enjoy TLC on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices. There are more channels than I’ve mentioned available on SIing TV than what I’ve mentioned here. To find out more about what Sling TV has to offer and more information about Sling TV device compatibility, check out this detailed review of Sling TV.
YouTube TV also offers TLC, so you can watch Unexpected, along with episodes that the network makes available on-demand. YouTube TV includes a DVR, as well as limitless storage space for recording your shows. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere. YouTubeTV costs $64.99. Youtube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies. Check our review of YouTube TV to see if it’s available in your area. You can also access on-demand through the TLC app using your YouTube TV credentials.
DIRECTV STREAM is another way you can watch Unexpected. Channel packages with TLC start at $69.99 per month. A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM includes the following:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like TLC and more
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
All seasons of Unexpected are available through the Discover+ premium streaming service. However, it takes a few days after airing before new episodes appear. Discovery+ includes original content you will only find on Discovery+ in addition to on-demand shows from several networks, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, History Channel, Lifetime, and more. Discovery+ costs $4.99 per month for an ad-supported plan and $6.99 per month for an ad-free experience. Both Plans offer a 7-day free trial. For more information on this service, see our review of Discovery+.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.