The TV world is a buzz with National Geographic Channels Seven Part series Genius: Aretha starring Oscar-nominated actress Cynthia Erivo as Aretha Franklin. The series delves deeply into the struggles and trauma of the Queen of Souls life all through the amazing performance of Erivo. While this series is airing on National Geographic Channel, you don’t need cable to watch. Read on to find out how to watch Genius: Aretha as it is and on-demand.
- When Genius: Aretha Airs: episodes 1 & 2 aired Sunday 3/21 at 9 pm and 10 pm, episodes 3 & 4 air Monday 3/22 at 9 pm and 10 pm, episodes 5 & 6 air Tuesday 3/22 at 9 pm and 10 pm, with episode 7 airing Tuesday 3/22 at 9 pm.
- TV Network: National Geographic
- Best Way to New Episodes: Hulu Live TV (Free Trial), YouTube TV (Free Trial)
- Best Way to Watch On-Demand: Available on Hulu Streaming Library (free trial) one day after an episode airs on National Geographic Channel
Watch Genius: Aretha Free
The best way to watch is with Hulu’s more affordable streaming library. If you can wait 1 day, you can watch the episodes that aired on National Geographic channel the night before. You can even watch the whole series free as Hulu offers a 30-day free trial to their streaming library. There is even a commercial-free option. See plans below:
- Hulu (with ads): This plan costs $7.99 per month, but provides an annual billing option priced at $59.99 per year. This plan is ad-supported.
- Hulu (no ads): This plan costs $14.99 per month. With this plan, you get all the movies and TV shows in Hulu’s streaming library commercial-free.
Hulu is supported by just about every streaming device you can buy, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and more. See our full review of Hulu for more details on their service. This subscription will also let you watch other seasons of Genius where they cover the life of Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso.
Watch Episodes as They Air
Even though Genius: Aretha airs on National Geographic, you don’t need cable to watch new episodes as they air. You can still watch Genius: Aretha episodes as they air and on-demand using streaming services that carry National Geographic Channel. All you need is a streaming device like a Roku or Amazon Fire TV and one of the streaming services below.
Vidgo – Offers National Geographic Channel in its Core package and over 60 other channels. New customers can sign up for the Core Plan for a discounted first few months. See our review of Vidgo for more details.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.