For Marvel fans who are still theater-avoidant, the wait is over for the latest superhero blockbuster, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: the film will arrive in homes via Disney+ on Friday, November 12. When the mysterious Ten Rings organization resurfaces, martial-arts master Shang-Chi must confront his long-buried past as he’s drawn into their web of mysticism and power. The film, which became the third highest-grossing film to open during the COVID pandemic, was also the first Marvel film to feature an Asian lead, as well as director and predominantly Asian and Asian American cast. Read on to learn how you can watch Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
How To Watch Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings on Disney+
To watch Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings in your home on November 12, you will need the following:
- An internet connection
- A subscription to Disney+
The Disney+ service costs only $7.99 per month. However, Disney+ also has year-long subscriptions at a discounted price of $69.99. There is no contract commitment unless you choose the annual plan. See our review of Disney+ for more information on this streaming service.
Disney+ is supported on all the following devices:
- Roku – (Watch Disney+ on Roku)
- Roku TVs – (Watch Disney+ on Roku TV)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick (All Versions)
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (iOS/iPad OS 11.0 and later)
- Apple TV (4th gen or later and Apple V 4K running tvOS 11.0 and later)
- Android phones and TV devices (Android OS version 5.0 Lollipop or later)
- Playstation 4 – (Watch Disney+ on PS4)
- Xbox One
- Some Vizio Smart Cast TVs (Watch Disney+ on Vizio Smart TVs)
- Sony Smart TVs (Android based)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs
Other Content on Disney+
- The entire Disney Movie Vault
- Every Pixar Movie and shorts
- All of Disney’s Star Wars movies and TV shows will be moving to Disney+ within its first year of launch
- New Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, and Pixar movies will stream exclusively on Disney+ after their theatrical run
- 30 seasons of The Simpsons
- Nearly 500 movies and 7500 TV episodes in all.
- A ton of Muppets Content and more
About Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
The newest hero origin story in the Marvel franchise, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was largely well-received, garnering solid reviews from critics and fans, and heavily supported by Asian audiences for its strong, positive portrayal of an Asian superhero and the broadening of representation in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film stars Simu Lu (Kim’s Convenience) as Shang-Chi, and the extensive cast includes Awkwafina, Tony Chiu-Wai Leung, Ben Kingsley, Meng’er Zhang, and Michell Yeoh. Based on the Marvel comics of the same name, the film will tie into the larger MCU as part of Phase Four releases. In addition, it is most heavily connected to the Iron Man movies and Tony Stark’s origin story
In addition to the film, Disney+ will release the latest episode of the behind-the-scenes show Marvel Studios: Assembled on November 12, Assembled: The Making of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.
For more on Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, check out the official trailer:
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.