Update: As of July 2022, the hit HBO series Succession has topped the Emmy nominations with 25 nods for its third season, which aired this past winter. Already renewed for a fourth, now is the time to catch up on this hit series before the awards take place on September 12.
Succession is a highly successful comedy/drama about the dysfunctional Roy family. The four siblings (and their extended families) are vying for control of their father’s entertainment conglomerate, in which they are all employed, as his health declines. The series stars Brian Cox as the patriarch Logan Roy, with Hiam Abbass as Marcia Roy, Logan’s third and current wife, and Jeremy Strong, Kieran Culkin, and Sarah Snook as his three warring children within the family business. It also stars Matthew Macfadyen, Nicholas Braun, and Alan Ruck. Read on for how to watch Succession on HBO Max.
- Where to Watch Succession: Succession aired on HBO and is available to stream on HBO Max.
- Where to Watch Season 1 – 3: All three seasons of Succession are available on HBO Max.
How To Watch Succession
Watch Succession on HBO Max
Succession airs exclusively on HBO and HBO Max, and all past seasons are available on HBO Max. A subscription to HBO-Max costs $14.99 per month for their ad-free plan and $9.99 per month for their ad-supported service (meaning a few commercials with every episode). You can sign up here. HBO Max is supported on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and more. You can check out our review of HBO Max for more details on this streaming service.
HBO Max doesn’t only air HBO, but content from WarnerMedia and other sources. Content on HBO Max includes:
- A selection of acquired series and movies (Succession and South Park are notable examples)
- All of HBO
- An exclusive collection of new HBO Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park being a notable example)
Where to Watch Succession on Streaming Platforms:
The HBO Max app supports the following platforms, giving you plenty of ways to stream Succession:
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th generation and later)
- Computers (PC and Mac browsers)
- Apple iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Amazon Fire TV (As of Nov 17)
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Samsung TVs (2016 and later)
- HBO Max is now supported on Roku
- HBO Max is now supported on LG Smart TV.
Watch Succession with HBO Max for Free
With AT&T owning HBO Max, there are plenty of ways to watch Succession for free for a time. However, like many things AT&T, figuring out what you are entitled to can be a bit complicated. Here is a breakdown of who can watch HBO Max free of charge.
HBO Max is included at no additional charge in the following DIRECTV STREAM, Internet and Wireless plans (check the availability online):
- AT&T Internet 1000 plan
- These TV Plans:
- DIRECTV STREAM Now Max packages
- U-Verse U400, U450, and U450 Latino
- DirecTV Premier
- Lo Maximo
- DIRECTV STREAM Premiere package
- AT&T Unlimited Elite wireless plan
Check with AT&T for more possible products and services that come with HBO Max, as the list is regularly changing.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.