Succession is a highly successful comedy/drama about the dysfunctional Roy family. The four siblings (and their extended families) are vying for control of their father’s entertainment conglomerate, in which they are all employed, as his health declines. The series stars Brian Cox as the patriarch Logan Roy, with Hiam Abbass as Marcia Roy, Logan’s third and current wife, and Jeremy Strong, Kieran Culkin, and Sarah Snook as his three warring children within the family business. It also stars Matthew Macfadyen, Nicholas Braun, and Alan Ruck. Entering its fourth and final season, the show has taken home numerous awards, including claiming Best Drama Series for both seasons two and three at the Primetime Emmy Awards. Read on for how to watch Succession on Max.
- Where to Watch Succession: Succession aired on HBO and is available to stream on Max.
- Where to Watch Seasons 1 – 3: All three seasons of Succession are available on Max.
How To Watch Succession
Watch Succession on Max
Succession airs exclusively on HBO and Max, and all past seasons are available on Max. A subscription to HBO-Max costs $15.99 per month for their ad-free plan and $9.99 per month for their ad-supported service (meaning a few commercials with every episode). You can sign up here. Max is supported on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Chromecast, Playstation, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and more. You can check out our review of Max for more details on this streaming service.
Max doesn’t only air HBO, but content from WarnerMedia and other sources. Content on Max includes:
- A selection of acquired series and movies (Succession and South Park are notable examples)
- All of HBO
- An exclusive collection of new Max Originals
- Select favorites from the WarnerMedia brands Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, DC, CNN, the Turner library, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more
- A selection of acquired series and movies (South Park being a notable example)
Where to Watch Succession on Streaming Platforms:
The Max app supports the following platforms, giving you plenty of ways to stream Succession:
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th generation and later)
- Computers (PC and Mac browsers)
- Apple iOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Amazon Fire TV (As of Nov 17)
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Samsung TVs (2016 and later)
- Max is now supported on Roku
- Max is now supported on LG Smart TV.
Watch Succession with Max for Free
With AT&T owning Max, there are plenty of ways to watch Succession for free for a time. However, like many things AT&T, figuring out what you are entitled to can be a bit complicated. Here is a breakdown of who can watch Max free of charge.
Max is included at no additional charge in the following DIRECTV STREAM, Internet and Wireless plans (check the availability online):
- AT&T Internet 1000 plan
- These TV Plans:
- DIRECTV STREAM Now Max packages
- U-Verse U400, U450, and U450 Latino
- DirecTV Premier
- Lo Maximo
- DIRECTV STREAM Premiere package
- AT&T Unlimited Elite wireless plan
Check with AT&T for more possible products and services that come with Max, as the list is regularly changing.