The QBE Shootout is golf’s yearly 54-hole team event that features 12 two-player teams competing in a scramble format (Friday), modified alternate shot format (Saturday), and better ball format (Sunday) at Tiburon Golf Club in Naples, Florida. The QBE Shootout starts Friday, December 10, and continues through Sunday, December 12. Coverage of The QBE Shootout will be on Golf Channel and NBC. This article will explain everything you need to know about watching the QBE Shootout without a cable TV subscription.
Watch The QBE Shootout for Free: Pick up a 7-day free trial to Hulu Live TV. They carry both NBC and Golf Channel, so you can watch for free!
The QBE Shootout TV Schedule
Golf Channel covers the first round on Friday. Saturday and Sunday start on Golf Channel, with later coverage switching over to NBC. The TV schedule for the QBE Shootout is as follows:
(All Times Eastern)
- Friday, December 10: 12 p.m.-4 p.m. ET. ET (Golf Channel)
- Saturday, December 11: 1 p.m.-3 p.m. ET (Golf Channel); 3 p.m.-5 p.m. ET (NBC)
- Sunday, December 12: 12 p.m.-2 p.m.ET (Golf Channel); 2 p.m.-4 p.m. ET (NBC)
Watching The QBE Shootout Without Cable
You need access to NBC and Golf Channel to watch all the coverage of the QBE Shootout. The options below will give you the best options to watch The QBE Shootout without a cable TV provider.
Set Up NBC Sports App for QBE Shootout
If you grab a trial offer for a streaming service that carries NBC and The Golf Channel, you can then use your account for that service to watch the QBE Shootout through the NBC Sports app. Here are the steps to set up NBC and Golf Channel on the NBC Sports App:
- Sign up for a free trial to Hulu Live TV, have NBC and Golf Channel*
- After signing up, go to the channel store or app store on your device
- Search for the NBC Sports app (It’s supported on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and more)
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- Navigate to the Settings “Gear Icon” on the left of the screen and select “NBC Sports Sign in.”
- Your device will show you an activation code and the URL to Activate the NBC Sports app.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, navigate to the URL in step 6. On that page, select your device and enter the code. Select “Continue”
- On the next page, select “Hulu” from the “TV Provider” drop-down and select continue.
- On this page, Enter your username and password for Hulu and select “Login.”
- Once you sign-in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute or so. You should now have access to all the live, and on-demand content NBC and Golf Channel provides through the NBC Sports App.
- Hulu Live TV – offers a 1-week free trial
- FuboTV – offers a 1-week free trial
- YouTube TV – offers a 1-week free trial
We cover your viewing options in more detail later in the article, but here is a quick look at your best options for watching The QBE Shootout
Best Way To Watch The QBE Shootout
Hulu Live TV provides NBC and Golf Channel in their channel lineup. Golf Channel is available nationwide, and NBC is available in nearly every TV market. You can check your zip code on the following page to verify the channels you will receive Hulu Live TV Channels by Zip code.
Hulu Live TV offers a signing up, so you can sign up for the trial, watch The QBE Shootout, and cancel your subscription before it’s over, and not be charged. This essentially allows you to watch all of The QBE Shootout coverage free on both networks. If you decide to keep Hulu Live TV, you will be charged $76.99 per month after the trial. There is no contract, so you can cancel at any time.
Hulu Live TV is supported on Roku, Fire TV Devices, Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox One, iOS, Android, and more. You’ll find more information on Hulu’s supported devices and everything else you would need to know in our full review of Hulu Live TV.
Other Options to Watch The QBE Shootout
Other options are below. However, some require getting 2 services to watch. In order to see which other options are available let’s cover the services that carry one or all of NBC and Golf Channel.
YouTube TV is similar to Hulu Live TV in that you can get access to Golf Channel and NBC with a 7-day free trial. However, if you forget to cancel, YouTube TV will cost you $72.99 per month. YouTube TV supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more. The YouTube TV app has also returned to Roku devices after settling a dispute between the two companies. You can read our review of YouTube TV for more details.
FuboTV carries Golf Channel. NBC is also carried in many parts of the country, but not as many as Hulu Live TV or YouTube TV. You can see if NBC is available using this link. FuboTV offers a 7-day free trial, allowing you to watch The QBE Shootout for free. After the trial, The “Pro Plan” costs $74.99. There is no long-term contract, and you can cancel at any time. Fubo TV is available on most major platforms, including Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV. You can sign up for fuboTV or check out our review of FuboTV for more details.
DIRECTV STREAM offers NBC in its “Entertainment” Package for $79.99 per month. However, Golf Channel is offered as part of their upgraded “Ultimate Package” package priced at $119.99 per month. To learn more about DIRECTV STREAM, check out their promo page or read more in our DIRECTV STREAM review.
The QBE Shootout on Peacock
The parts of the QBE Shootout airing on NBC will also stream on the Premium tier of the NBC Streaming service Peacock. To watch the entire tournament, you will still need a service that provides The Golf Channel.