The FIFA World Cup 2022 begins on November 21 in Qatar. However, the draw to determine which group each qualified county is in takes place this Friday, April 1, 2022. This article will explain how you can watch.
- How To Watch World Cup Draw 2022 In The U.S.: If you want to stream the World Cup Draw, you can stream the draw live on NBC’s streaming service Peacock. (Sign up here)
- When Does The World Cup Draw Start: The draw is scheduled to start at 12 pm E.T. on Friday, April 1, 2022
Watch The World Cup Draw on Peacock
Peacock will stream the 2022 world cup draw live. To watch, you will need to subscribe to the “Peacock Premium” tier, which starts at $4.99 per month. Below explains what each tier offers. You can stream World Cup Draw on your T.V. or mobile device using the Peacock app. The streaming service supports Roku, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple T.V. 4K and Apple T.V. H.D., Xbox One S and Xbox One X, Playstation 4, Android devices, Android T.V., Chromecast, and Chromecast built-in, Xfinity Flex 4K and Amazon Fire T.V. or Fire Sticks. Follow these steps to install Peacock on your device:
- Subscribe to a Peacock using this Link.
- “Search” your device’s app store or channel store for “Peacock.”
- Select the streaming service and press “OK.”, “Install” or “Download” depending on your device
- Peacock is now installed on your Roku. Open Peacock, and log in with the credentials you used to subscribe to the service. Search for “World Cup Draw” and watch.
If you need more information, see our review of Peacock for details.
How The 2022 World Cup Draw Works
The 2022 FIFA World cup will consist of 32 teams. Twenty-nine of those teams have already qualified. Those teams, along with three placeholders for the teams yet to qualify will be divided into four draw pots. Those pots are devices as follows:
- As hosts, Qatar will take position A1 from Pot 1, where they will be joined by the seven highest-ranked qualified teams from the Men’s World Ranking.
- The countries occupying positions 8-15 in the ranking of the qualified teams will be allocated to Pot 2
- 16th-23rd best-ranked qualifiers will be placed in Pot 3
- Pot 4 will include the qualified teams in positions 24 to 29, plus three placeholders for the following contests yet to be decided:
- UEFA playoff winner out of Wales, Scotland or Ukraine
- Peru, Australia, or UAE based on intercontinental playoffs
- Costa Rica or New Zealand based on intercontinental playoffs
The draw will start with pot 1 and end with pot 4. Each pot will be emptied before moving on to the next. A ball from a team pot will be drawn, followed by a ball from one of the group pots, determining the group in which the team will play. Teams from the same confederation will be kept apart in each of the eight groups with the exception of UEFA since there are 13 teams in that confederation.
Teams Tha Have Already Qualified for the 2022 World Cup
The list below shows the teams that have qualified for the FIFA 2022 World Cup:
- CAF: Ghana, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Cameroon
- AFC: Qatar (hosts), Iran, South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia
- CONCACAF: Canada, Mexico, USA
- CONMEBEOL: Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Uruguay
- UEFA: Germany, Denmark, France, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Serbia, England, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal
Teams That still have a chance to Qualify
The following dates will have intercontinental playoffs to decide the three remaining teams to join the FIFA 2022 World Cup:
- UAE will play Australia in a playoff match on June 7, 2022. The winner will move on to play Peru the following week for one of the remaining qualifying spots.
- Costa Rica will play New Zealand on either June 13th or 14 for one of the remaining qualifying spots.
- Wales will play either Scotland or Ukraine for the last spot. These matches hinge on the current situation in Ukraine.
FIFA World Cup Draw Pots and Rankings
The table below shows the current pot configuration with the team’s FIFA World Cup Rankings in parentheses. As host nation, Qatar is placed in Pot 1.
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3||Pot 4|
|Qatar (51)||Mexico (9)||Senegal (20)||Cameroon (37)|
|Brazil (1)||Netherlands (10)||Iran (21)||Canada (38)|
|Belgium (2)||Denmark (11)||Japan (23)||Ecuador (46)|
|France (3)||Germany (12)||Morocco (24)||Saudi Arabia (49)|
|Argentina (4)||Uruguay (13)||Serbia (25)||Ghana (60)|
|England (5)||Switzerland (14)||Poland (26)||UAE, Australia, or Peru|
|Spain (7)||USA (15)||South Korea (29)||Costa Rica or New Zealand|
|Portugal (8)||Croatia (16)||Tunisia (35)||Wales or (Scotland or Ukraine)|
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.