If you have kids entering middle school, you’ve likely heard of the book The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate. It won the Newbery Medal in 2013 and appeared on many summer reading lists. The book is told from Ivan’s perspective, a Gorilla who has normalized living his entire life in a cage at a shopping mall. However, some recent events begin to trigger long-forgotten childhood memories making Ivan question and reflect on what it means to be a living creature and the kinship we all beings share, even with humans.
Disney has adapted the book into a feature film starring Bryan Cranston and featuring the voice work of Sam Rockwell, Angelina Jolie, and Danny DeVito. The movie, a blend of live-action and CGI, was initially scheduled for a theatrical release. However, due to the pandemic, The One and Only Ivan is being released to Disney’s premium streaming service Disney+ this Friday, August 14th. The film is sure to be a good one for the whole family to sit down and enjoy.
How To Watch The One and Only Ivan
If you want to watch The One and Only Ivan, all you need is a subscription to Disney Plus, an internet connection, and a supported streaming device. The Disney+ service costs only $6.99 per month. However, Disney+ also has year-long subscriptions at a discounted price of $69.99. There is no contract commitment unless you choose the annual plan.
Disney+ is supported on all the following devices:
- Roku – (Watch Disney+ on Roku)
- Roku TVs – (Watch Disney+ on Roku TV)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick (All Versions)
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (iOS/iPad OS 11.0 and later)
- Apple TV (4th gen or later and Apple V 4K running tvOS 11.0 and later)
- Android phones and TV devices (Android OS version 5.0 Lollipop or later)
- Playstation 4 – (Watch Disney+ on PS4)
- Xbox One
- Some Vizio Smart Cast TVs (Watch Disney+ on Vizio Smart TVs)
- Sony Smart TVs (Android based)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Samsung Tizen Smart TVs
Other Content on Disney+
- The entire Disney Movie Vault
- Every Pixar Movie and shorts
- All of Disney’s Star Wars movies and TV shows will be moving to Disney+ within its first year of launch
- New Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, and Pixar movies will stream exclusively on Disney+ after their theatrical run
- 30 seasons of The Simpsons
- Nearly 500 movies and 7500 TV episodes in all.
- A ton of Muppets Content and more
See our review of Disney+ for more information on this streaming service.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.