You don’t need cable to watch MLB Network. You can watch MLB Network through any of the following streaming services: Sling TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and DIRECTV STREAM. Let’s see which streaming service will be the best one for you to watch MLB Network this season.
How to Watch MLB Network without Cable
As with most content on cable today, there are alternate ways to enjoy the channels and shows you want without forking over mountains of cash to a cable TV provider. Here are a few of the cable-subscription free ways you can stream MLB Network online in order of cost.
MLB Network on Sling TV
MLB Network is not offered in Sling’s base packages, but subscribers can add the channel to the Orange or the Blue package for $11 as part of its “Sports Extra.” Both the Sling Orange and Sling Blue cost $35 per month. The base package and Sports Extra add-on would bring the total amount of the package to $46 per month.
Sling TV provides a live stream of MLB Network, so you can watch what would be airing on MLB just as if you had cable. A subscription to Sling TV provides:
- The ability to watch live on your TV with a Roku, Amazon Fire, or other supported streaming device
- A Cloud DVR
- Most popular channels typically found on cable
- The ability to pick and choose various channel packages.
Sling TV offers a deal where your first month is 50% offonly $10. There is no monthly contract so that you can cancel at any time with no commitment or cancelation fees. Check out our review of Sling TV for more details on this live streaming service.
fuboTV on MLB Network
MLB Network is available on fuboTV. However, the channel needs to be added through either the “Extras” package for an additional $7.99 per month or Sports Extra Add-On for an additional $10.99 per month. This is on top of the monthly cost of $69.99 per month for a subscription to fuboTV’s “Pro Plan.”
You can try fuboTV before subscribing with this 1-week free trial. The service offers the following features:
- MLB Network, ESPN, FS1, and more are available in fuboTV’s channel lineup
- You can watch on three screens at the same time
- 250 hours of cloud DVR storage
- The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including Apple TV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV.
Learn more about their service in our review of FuboTV.
Vidgo is a newer Streaming service that offers fairly competitive pricing over other Live streaming services. Their service offers MLB Network as a part of their Core package along with over 60 other channels. New customers can sign up for the Core Plan for $59.95 per month. (They offer discounted promo pricing for your first 3 months.)
Vidgo doesn’t force you into a contract, so you can cancel any time. They do offer a 3-day free trial, which you can cancel within the first three days at no charge. Vidgo is supported on available on Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV. You can also stream the service on up to 3 devices at the same time. We have the full details in our guide to Vidgo’s live streaming service.
MLB Network on YouTube TV
YouTube TV also offers MLB Network streaming live, as well as limitless storage space for recording your shows. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere. YouTube TV costs $64.99 a month.
YouTube TV provides:
- access to MLB Network, ESPN, FS1, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels
- unlimited cloud DVR storage
- stream on three devices at once
- YouTube TV supports Roku, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and more.
- Includes YouTube TV on-demand
- offers a 1-week free trial.
MLB Network on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM is another way to watch MLB Network. MLB Network is part of their “Choice” package for $89.99 per month. DIRECTV STREAM provides the following features:
- watch on 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like MLB Network, AMC, HGTV, Discovery, and more
- supported on Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
Streaming MLB Network Online
You can watch MLB Network live on its website or on the MLB At Bat app. However, that content is locked such that you need to enter your TV Provider credentials. Your YouTube TV and DIRECTV STREAM username and password are accepted. Sling TV is not.
For information on watching other TV channels online check out: How To Stream Specific TV Channels
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.