With all the original Star Wars and Marvel shows on Disney+, different members of your household may want to watch a different Disney+ show at the same time. This article will cover everything you need to know about streaming Disney+ on different devices simultaneously, Disney+ account profiles, and other device-related information.
Disney+: How Many Devices at Once
Simply stated. A Disney+ account can stream on up to four supported devices at one time. The limit is the same whether you subscribe to Disney+ for $7.99 per month or bundle Disney+ with Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month. You can install the Disney+ app on as many supported devices as you like. However, you can only stream Disney+ on up to four of those devices simultaneously. If you are streaming Disney+ on four devices on the same account, you will get the following message when trying to start a movie, TV show, or short on Disney+.
However, while you can stream Disney+ to only 4 devices, there is still a way you can watch Disney+ on more than 4 devices by downloading a show or movie to your device.
Disney+ Download Device Limit
Disney+ allows you to download content to your mobile devices if you subscribe to the Disney Premium plan for $10.99 per month. You can download and store TV shows and movies from Disney+ on up to 10 mobile devices. There are no limitations on how many times you can download the same title or on the amount of time to watch a downloaded title, provided that you connect one of your compatible devices to the internet and access Disney+ at least once every thirty (30) days.
Now when Disney says you can only stream Disney+ content to 4 devices at the same time, they literally mean stream as in watch the content while it’s being sent from Disney+ to your device. That’s different than watching a show or movie already downloaded to your devices.
Disney+ Simultaneous Stream Limit Workaround
Contrary to what some say online, there doesn’t seem to be a limit to the number of logins you’re allowed on your Disney+ account. I’ve tested this workaround personally and was logged into the same Disney+ account on well over 4 devices simultaneously. Therefore, if your household needs to watch Disney+ on more than 4 devices simultaneously, download a show or movie to a mobile device before other household members start streaming. You can download Disney+ content to your mobile device by following these steps:
- On your mobile device, open the Disney+ App
- Select the content you’d like to download
- Click the Download button
- When the download completes, your content will be available to watch on the device.
If your household is streaming a Disney+ show on 4 devices, you can still open and browse the Disney+ app. Just go to your Downloads in the Disney+ app (It’s the symbol that looks like a down arrow), select the downloaded show, and select play, and you’re now watching on more than 4 devices. Since you can download content to up to 10 different devices, you should be able to watch on up to 14 devices at once (Four can stream on Disney+, while 10 mobile devices can watch a downloaded show or movie.
Disney+ Supported Devices
You can watch Disney+ on your TV using streaming devices like Roku, smart TVs, web browsers, mobile devices, and game consoles. Here are all the devices Disney+ supports:
- Roku – (Watch Disney+ on Roku)
- Roku TVs – (Watch Disney+ on Roku TV)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick (All Versions)
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (iOS/iPad OS 11.0 and later)
- Apple TV (4th gen or later and Apple V 4K running tvOS 11.0 and later)
- Android phones and TV devices (Android OS version 5.0 Lollipop or later)
- Playstation 4 – (Watch Disney+ on PS4)
- Xbox One
- Some Vizio Smart Cast TVs (Watch Disney+ on Vizio Smart TVs)
- Sony Smart TVs (Android based)
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Samsung Tizen Smart TV
Note that downloading content from Disney+ is permitted only on mobile devices. The supported mobile devices are
- Apple iPhone/iPod Touch, and iPad
- Android Phone and Tablet
You can not download content from Disney+ for offline watching to a laptop or computer. However, since Chromebooks use the Android mobile Disney+ app, you can download Disney+ content to a Chromebook for offline viewing.
I wanted to mention Disney+ profiles since there is sometimes confusion between device limits and profiles. It’s also important if use the Disney+ Groupwatch Feature since a maximum of 4 profiles associated with a single account can be in a watch party at any time. A profile in Disney+ is a way for household members to manage their Disney+ experience within the same Disney+ account. Disney+ allows you to have seven different profiles associated with one Disney+ account. Within each profile, you can set the following settings.
- Autoplay – This allows for the next video in a series to play automatically
- Profile PIN – Use a 4 digit number to control access to your profile. This is important if you set up a kids profile and don’t want them to modify the kids profile through the main profile.
- App language – What language do you want the Disney+ app to use
- GroupWatch – Enables GroupWatch Feature
- Parental controls – Set the content rating this profile is allowed to watch
See our guide to Disney+ for more details on this streaming service.
If this article didn't answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.